Japfest 2018 Silverstone Sunday 6th May

andy james

Might not make Japfest in my Zed now its got major electrical issues which I can't for the life of me work out. It keeps miss firing randomly, trouble starting sometimes takes hours of ****ing about with everything to get it going. Cuts out randomly while driving which is scary as **** when you loose power steering and the brake booster. My cars partially wrapped, haven't bought my tyres for my new wheels since I needed the money for fixing these issues and getting it through its two MOTs.

Snapped a bleeder nipple of a front brembo caliper last week and now all of this. My luck has just been getting worse and worse.

To make my timeframe even shorter I go away for a works trip early Monday and don't come back till late Friday 

Next year boys, next year :surrender:

• Sad 1

Don't forget if your going on track you need to print off the  paper part of your driving license at the DVLA . Go to https://www.gov.uk/view-driving-licence.

The organisers are very strict on this one as i saw several disappointed drivers turned away at the signing on desk.

Also if it's a nice day don't forget to pack a long sleeve top and trousers  as you can't go out with a T shirt and shorts on.

Finally read the info in the package carefully and don't forget your lid!

Thanks for the reminder. This is the paper "Counterpart Driving Licence" right?

Also, if anyone has done the track session before, do you recall how easy it is to rent a helmet? They keep reminding us that they have a limited supply. I am just worried how limited this supply is!

59 minutes ago, omegacloud said:

Thanks for the reminder. This is the paper "Counterpart Driving Licence" right?

Also, if anyone has done the track session before, do you recall how easy it is to rent a helmet? They keep reminding us that they have a limited supply. I am just worried how limited this supply is!

Yes it's the paper part which shows your license entitlement and any convictions you may have. Helmets are available but I think they charge you £10 to borrow! I'm sure someone on the stand can lend you one.

• Thanks 1

If I still have my counterpart is that ok to take, or do you need the printout from the DVLA site? 

When end they say printout, do that literally mean print the page that you’re shown?

last question, I have some mates who have a 350, they bought tickets using our club password but won’t now be able to bring the car (project car that as usual is delayed). Can they come up in another car at the same time as me, they park in the public car park but still get early entry, or am I going to have.  to get them into the Z’s boot to get them in lol. They do have valid tickets, just club entry ones but they won’t now be bringing their Japanese car so will be parking in the public car park

@omegacloud il have my helmet if you wanna borrow.

@chreewebb can’t get on the club stand mate no, the car passes this year have your reg number on them, so aren’t transferable sadly.

Edited by cs2000

13 hours ago, omegacloud said:

That would be brilliant. Thanks. 

No worries at all. We will both be at the front of the stand as we have track time booked, so just come find me. Reg is OO04 MYZ :) My session is way later than yours, so will be fine.

Will be in the circuit early cleaning and pruning the car anyway :)

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Olly350z said:

What's happening convoy wise? Are we all meeting somewhere and going in together? 

There's a convoy going up from south central area, there might be one more south east too.

South east/London area convoy, meeting at South Mimms

Question about track time. DO you have to be wearing long sleaves? it looks to be a hot day, didn't plan on wearing a jumper... I wont be wearing shorts or sandals of course, but surely a t-shirt is OK?

We've booked the Travelodge at Newbury Chievly M4 for Saturday night as it just breaks up the journey for us. We'll be leaving about 5:45 Just to give enough time to hopefully avoid the queues to get in 

Edited by Olly350z
Phone fail

1 hour ago, Lumby101 said:

Is there a specific entrance or anything i should know? not been before so i have no idea what to expect.

One entrance I believe, though the road splits in to two lanes,T for tunnel and B for bridge. We are on stand T8 so that means we get to go through the tunnel. :yahoo:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, SHEZZA said:

One entrance I believe, though the road splits in to two lanes,T for tunnel and B for bridge. We are on stand T8 so that means we get to go through the tunnel. :yahoo:

Great thanks mate! can't wait!