Japfest 2018 Silverstone Sunday 6th May

andy james

Just a couple of questions as it’s my first time at a car show.

I plan to clean the car before the show but after the drive will most likely need a quick wipe down. What are the facilities like there do you get a tap? Hose etc 

also so can I wash/ wipe the car over after my track time or does it have to go back on the stand?

i just want to know so I am aware of what kit to bring.

cheers

Most common approach is to bring quick detailer and mf's with you or plan a stop at a local petrol station for a quick jet wash off. After track time from person experience id avoid any kind of clean up at the show unless prepared to fully decontaminate and wash as you would at home. Hot rubber from your car and others on track, together with massive amount of brake dust on the wheels, tyres and paintwork just need to be left until you're home imo. Not worth the potential cause of damage to the paintwork from doing a show clean (any clean of hot wheels of course is never advised)

Enjoy your first car show with the club ;)

Edited by davey_83
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Matt V6Z said:

Just a couple of questions as it’s my first time at a car show.

I plan to clean the car before the show but after the drive will most likely need a quick wipe down. What are the facilities like there do you get a tap? Hose etc 

also so can I wash/ wipe the car over after my track time or does it have to go back on the stand?

i just want to know so I am aware of what kit to bring.

cheers

"Fresh Meat" "Fresh Meat" "Fresh Meat" "Fresh Meat"

Sorry quick film reference there :lol:

Taps on site - cold water only, so BYOB (bring your own Bucket)

Most will have good old car shine spray on and wipe off the dedicated ( @Humpy ) will have a boot full of detailing equipment and food - we like that :thumbs:

The first half hour or so you will see lots of owners touching up the cars :thumbs:

No problem doing it as many times as you need, after track or after rain it's all good :)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, andy james said:

That looks brilliant mate!

im hoping it’s going to be too hot and sunny to wear it!.........

Please don't just wear your mankini again :scare::surrender:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Tickets all printed, except my free hoody voucher. I've rang Kelsey and she said there seemed to be an IT issue they are looking into it and ringing me back. Has anyone received their hoody voucher (not hoody bundle conformation already got that)

4 hours ago, Keyser said:

"Fresh Meat" "Fresh Meat" "Fresh Meat" "Fresh Meat"

Sorry quick film reference there :lol:

Taps on site - cold water only, so BYOB (bring your own Bucket)

Most will have good old car shine spray on and wipe off the dedicated ( @Humpy ) will have a boot full of detailing equipment and food - we like that :thumbs:

The first half hour or so you will see lots of owners touching up the cars :thumbs:

No problem doing it as many times as you need, after track or after rain it's all good :)

Ok great thank you I will bring some kit with me no need for the jet wash haha

Got my tickets now, the missus has printed them off at work. She say it says not to turn up at 7am as the gates won’t be open, she said something about them opening gates an hour later than previous years. 

She also said we are in zone 8T if anybody knows where that is 

Edited by Mr.szarvas