Mishimoto rad

TT350

Hello.

I bought a Mishimoto rad for my FI 350Z.

The cooling system keeps failing. Gaskets, thermostat etc are all fine but it keeps failing.

Obviously checked for leakages and pressure, air in the system. All fine.

But the rad is losing water. 

It'll be fine for a week then bam, the temp goes up.

Or it can fail every day.

The heater blows cold all the time unless under 3.5k plus revs. Then it'll work through. 

No crap blocking the flow. No air in it. Nothing. 

Head scratching going on and a lot of time off the road.  Any ideas guys?

Well i had a huge problems with it too.

Car was overheating constantly. No matter how much effort we give in draining air from the system, leaving jar over night connected to rad with front end lifted in the air. Car was always running hot.

Contacted Mishimoto got refund.

Brought Skunk2 Alpha radiator and all of my heating issues where gone.

Last test was 40 laps on track with air temperature around 25°C pushing the car lap after lap without any issue.

Worth giving a shot.

Usually while i was driving without any traffic ahead of me all was ok. But as soon as i was driving behind truck, stuck in traffic, or any slow driving with not much airflow going inside engine bay temperature would go up. 

The best way is to put back OEM radiator. I hadn't had any issues with OEM in daily driving.

I found it that on track days is not up to the task.

The fastest way to see if Mishimoto is causing problems ( if all other cooling components are OK)

2 hours ago, Snjur said:

Worth giving a shot.

Usually while i was driving without any traffic ahead of me all was ok. But as soon as i was driving behind truck, stuck in traffic, or any slow driving with not much airflow going inside engine bay temperature would go up. 

The best way is to put back OEM radiator. I hadn't had any issues with OEM in daily driving.

I found it that on track days is not up to the task.

The fastest way to see if Mishimoto is causing problems ( if all other cooling components are OK)

Exactly what would happen to me.

Slow/stationary traffic.....big trouble.

Moving at 40mph. All good. 

I'll put the old rad back on tomorrow and speak to miSHITmoto.

11 hours ago, TT350 said:

Exactly what would happen to me.

Slow/stationary traffic.....big trouble.

Moving at 40mph. All good. 

I'll put the old rad back on tomorrow and speak to miSHITmoto.

Yeah all sounds the same. I've heard this was common issues with over dimensioned radiators and with Mishimoto one's.

I went afterward with Skunk2 Alpha who is bigger than OEM but smaller than Mishimoto and temps are flawless

I've had nothing but problems with my mishimoto rad on my FI Z. It's ok for normal driving and fast driving but as soon as you go sideways the temps are through the roof! I thought it was the crappy fan shroud that they sell for it so bought 2 big spal fans for it, these are way better but still not enough. I'm thinking about going back to stock rad. Mishimoto stuff seems to be getting worse and worse

Edited by The Chubby Ninja

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

This is very interesting as I changed out my complete cooling system for a full mishimoto upgrade. Rad, twin fans, bottles, catch tank, oil cooling rad, pipes etc. Best decision. Solved all my over heating problems and have put the car through endless track days without a single problem!!! 

Sorry to here you guys having problems.

Mishimoto would like to hear of your problems I'm sure as they do strive to be a market leader. 

Ps, no I'm not sponsored by them before you ask!..... but if they are watching this thread, I would like some sponsorship! :lol:

9 hours ago, Darkside said:

This is very interesting as I changed out my complete cooling system for a full mishimoto upgrade. Rad, twin fans, bottles, catch tank, oil cooling rad, pipes etc. Best decision. Solved all my over heating problems and have put the car through endless track days without a single problem!!! 

Sorry to here you guys having problems.

Mishimoto would like to hear of your problems I'm sure as they do strive to be a market leader. 

Ps, no I'm not sponsored by them before you ask!..... but if they are watching this thread, I would like some sponsorship! :lol:

What power are you running? And what do you use the car for? When I'm on the road or driving hard grip driving on track the mishimoto is fine, it's only when drifting that the problem arises. Mishimoto know about the problem with boosted cars as I contacted them and they said they have only had the issue of overheating with boosted Zs. 

• 2 weeks later...