How much!!!!!

Jetpilot

A little Sunday topic, i was just browsing around in prep of a new edition next year and thought, lets just check out what Nsx's are going for.....

So in light of that and seeing as i thought, not a chance in hell i would pay £60k for a NSX, what do you guys think is way overpriced in the 2nd hand market, no right or wrongs, just what do you think  :thumbs:

Everything. There’s not much left that looks good value or reasonable. 

Biggest culprits right now are anything with an F or P badge on the front. 360s and 964s are just really silly considering what they are, especially the former if it happens to have a stick between the seats.

Edited by Ekona

19 hours ago, Ekona said:

Everything.

I'd agree. Although its probably all relative it feels like all the jap cars I really liked as a kid in the 90s are way overpriced now. 

Its really hard to justify a 20 year old car with >100k miles that you want as a weekend toy at some prices. Even harder to find something that's actually mint and wont turn into a costly rebuild project straight away.

Early 90 Jap cars, they're going up in price all the time.  The Gt-four, Scoobie, Evo, Supra (even the asthmatic NA) , GTO, Pulsar GTIR, Sunny GTI and yes the NSX. Generally i don't think most of them are too overly priced but DC2, EK9 Type Rs , AE86 and apparently the NSX, stupid money. 

Yes the R34 GTRs are really overpriced but I do notice the same ones up for sale for 3-6 months at around £60k+ so whether they actually sell at that price who knows.I so nearly bought one a couple of years back as well was looking at a few around the £25k mark...

R32s are following suit, a decent one is now around £20k. Even the R33 GTRs are creeping up to that level too.

AE86 I have never understood why they demand big money. By all accounts its down to Manga and its cult following there but still!

Quite a few Americans signing up to the GT-Four pages at the moment, in 2019 they become legal there and there seems to be a group of yanks gagging at the bit to get one and are queuing up already. Lets hope the government can sort its bloody life out and do something constructive with brexit so the pound is actually worth something in dollars in 18 months time!

Good call on the Skylines in general gents.

I kind of think with most of these inflated priced cars, is anyone actually buying them to drive them, i just cant believe anyone who has says £60k in their pocket to buy one car to drive and enjoy is going to buy a Nsx or R34, maybe they are, but i suspect its speculators putting them into collections.

Although i did see a nice late Nsx the other day driven by an old boy, maybe he has had it since new.

56 minutes ago, Jetpilot said:

Good call on the Skylines in general gents.

I kind of think with most of these inflated priced cars, is anyone actually buying them to drive them, i just cant believe anyone who has says £60k in their pocket to buy one car to drive and enjoy is going to buy a Nsx or R34, maybe they are, but i suspect its speculators putting them into collections.

Although i did see a nice late Nsx the other day driven by an old boy, maybe he has had it since new.

Had a discussion with a few fellow GTR owners a few weeks ago and quite honestly, I think that the price in the UK is artificially high as there is 1 person that seems to keep buying all the good imports before they arrive, he has a large collection of R32s and R34s.

Honestly believe that the prices of the R34s are a bubble, because even the "shitbox" ones are getting high money, which is just silly considering how much will need to go into it to rebuild it properly.