What pressure washer?? Never had 1 before

Rob350

Iv never owned a pressure washer before so have no idea.. 

Seen this karcher k2 basic on black Friday emails... thought I might get it because It saves me using the pay as you go car wash pressure washers (don't worry I take 2 buckets and my own cleaning gear, I use the hot shampoo then high pressure rinse, then wash my car by hand and rinse off again)

https://www.tesco.com/direct/karcher-k2-basic-exclusive-pressure-washer-with-accessories/207-5954.prd?source=others b&q have the same for the same price but without all the accessories.

Just wondering what peoples thoughts are?? I'm not after anything fancy, literally just somthing to rinse soap off. Budget of about 50 to £70 max, I just want somthing I can use once a week to rinse soap off my car with a decent bit of pressure. 

Any reccomendations???

Edited by Rob350

Kranzle ftw, but a touch out of your budget ;)

Karcher are okay, but expect to be replacing the gun in short order as they're made of chocolate. That said, for £50-£70 I'd be happy enough recommending them as aside from the guns I've never had an issue with the ones I've owned over the years. But I do love my Kranzle very very much now.

16 minutes ago, Ekona said:

Kranzle ftw, but a touch out of your budget ;)

Haha just googled Kranzer washer and your right... just a little over budget, I'll start small and work my way up maybe.

What is it on the gun that breaks?? The trigger, or seals or somthing?? It's covered with 2 year warranty.

my main concerns were is the actual pressure machine going to last a while and also is 110 bar pressure and 360 L/H good enough??

Those numbers will be just fine, no fear there :) Exactly what model is it you're looking at?

IIRC it's something plasticky that actually snaps off, but I've not used one for a while so exactly which bit I'm unsure. Who knows, they may have improved them by now in fairness.

I think it might be part of how it locks the other parts in, the gun has attachments and to put them on you push them in twist and then it sits behind this plastic lock type thing, could be that but ive had no issues so far. Im not sure mine is the K2 might be the K3 or 4.....i forget xD

1 hour ago, Ekona said:

Exactly what model is it you're looking at?

Karcher k2 basic https://www.tesco.com/direct/karcher-k2-basic-exclusive-pressure-washer-with-accessories/207-5954.prd?source=others

I its had plenty of good reveiws, next one up is  £130 with pressure control and things, I think this will do my needs though tbh, and I'm quite good at repairing things lol

20 hours ago, Ekona said:

Not disagreeing with you, but why? And is there one available in the OP's budget?

Because it's true, that's why. :teeth:

Karcher still use plastic internals whereas Nilfisk use brass, as a result Karchers tend to be less hard wearing. The basic Nilfisk should come in at that budget (C110, I think it is) but unless there's a deal on it won't come with many accessories for that. On a like-for-like basis I'd chose the Nilfisk everytime, however the Karcher will suffice for light use... albeit for a shorter amount of time than the equivalent Nilfisk would last. ;)

• Like 1

I’ve got the nikfisk shown above.  Works really well, with a couple of notable additions

1/ a decent foam cannon.  The one that comes with it is for garden fertiliser!!

2/ get a longer pressure hose.  It comes with a 6m hose. I got a 8m one from amazon and the extra length means I can get round the Zed without moving the pressure washer

On 23/11/2017 at 16:29, Rob350 said:

Haha just googled Kranzer washer and your right... just a little over budget, I'll start small and work my way up maybe.

What is it on the gun that breaks?? The trigger, or seals or somthing?? It's covered with 2 year warranty.

my main concerns were is the actual pressure machine going to last a while and also is 110 bar pressure and 360 L/H good enough??

Under consumer law, youre covered for 6 years providing youve not misused the product you have purchased. 

This means should you encounter a defect within this time you are entitled to a replacement model or free repair.

Its basically covers items that 'should' be expected to last for this amount of time.

The sale of goods act/fit for purpose. So, knowing this, go buy your Karcher, safely in the knowledge that should it go wrong, youre entitled to a replacement or free repair!! Hope this puts your mind at rest!

https://www.inbrief.co.uk/consumer-law/warranties/

Yup you're right but the process is still pretty similar although the onus is more on you after 6 months i think to provide proof as to the cause of the fault, ie you would need to take the product in question to an independent 'repairer' and then submit their findings to the shop where you bought it from...thats assuming its a manufacturer defect. Still worth knowing though eh.

Thanks for all the info guys, looks like ive started abit of a debate haha.

Think im gunna go cheap and cheerful karcher and see how long it lasts, iv heard people have had them for years just for washing their car once a week and there still going strong, I'll definitely be buying a longer hose though as it only comes with a 3 meter one.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...