Rota Grids 19" 9.5 F 10.5 R ET20....What Colour???

eroll_350z

Hey,

I am thinking of getting a set of Grids but was wondering if anyone has got pictures of the different colours fitted to their Z's. I have a night blue 350 so was wondering what colour would work best with it. I am a big fan of the stealth look so was planning on getting a set in black, but I have seen a set of silver with polished lip that look quite tempting.

If you guys can share some pics, would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers!

E

2 hours ago, PPod said:

Big fan of the silver with polish lips.Personally I think they would look great on your blue. 

I have the rota gtrd with polished lip kind of similar to the grids.

IMG_20171118_160952.jpg

Thanks for that PPod, I do like the GTRd's, but just prefer Grids, more into 6 spoke than 5. Aren't the Grids in silver with polished lip hard to find though? I'd prefer to buy through Tarmac Sportz or Cougarstore for piece of mind, but that's just me, I know that TS does Japan Racing wheels also, JR3's, basically the same as rotas just a bit cheaper, but not sure about the colour range.

I agree that the silver will brighten up the car but like I said, I quite like the stealth look B).

Out of interest, what size/width wheel and tires are you running? I like the idea of having a little bit of stretch on mine.

Thanks,

Eroll

Edited by eroll_350z
Spacing

9 minutes ago, PPod said:

I got mine from cougarstore with tyres and at the time I'm sure they had polished lip grids but not 100% sure they would now.

Mine are 19x9 and 19x10 pretty much a perfect offset for them. 

I'll be sure to take a look when I come to buy them thanks!

I'm looking at 19x9.5 and 19x10.5 ET 20 or ET 22 all around. I like the concave on the front and the dish on the rear that you get with the Grids (do love a bit of dish). 

What ET are yours?

Sorry guys, just seen all of your posts! I know it's not the same but I've tried replicating the looks on Forza and Need for speed but yeah I'm not sure matte black would work either to be honest. I can get Steel Grey grids from Cougar store, which I'm assuming is a darkish grey, can't really tell by the picture on the site. 

As much as I'd like to stand out with white wheels, I'm sticking with the subtle look (for now!) 

Appreciate all the replies. If anyone has grids in the steel grey, would love to see some photos :thumbs:

I have Steel Grey fitted to mine, and had the same problem as yourself when i was deciding on colour. Every photo i was able to find seemed to to show a different shade. Wasn't until i went to Japfest and saw a few steel grey rotas in person, that i decided to go for them.

Heres mine: (Again they look different in the photos :lol:)

20170905_220943_zpsm20k88om.jpg

20160817_131946_zpsppfoyjrh.jpg

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Ozzy225 said:

I have Steel Grey fitted to mine, and had the same problem as yourself when i was deciding on colour. Every photo i was able to find seemed to to show a different shade. Wasn't until i went to Japfest and saw a few steel grey rotas in person, that i decided to go for them.

Heres mine: (Again they look different in the photos :lol:)

20170905_220943_zpsm20k88om.jpg

20160817_131946_zpsppfoyjrh.jpg

Oooooh that looks so good! Sets the blue off really nicely. I'm assuming they are the same size/offsets I've got in the title?? If so they fill the arches really well, are you running spacers? 

I've got a hard choice now, the steel grey looks nice, but against my own judgement I've kind of fallen in love with white wheels for the night blue 350! Hmmm decisions decisions....

Yeah sizes are:

Front 19x9.5 ET20

Rear 19x10.5 ET20

That fitment sits perfectly flush with the arches so no need for spacers.

Bought new from Cougarstore some years back supplied with tyres, spigot rings and new wheel nuts. Couldn't fault their service, so highly recommend them :thumbs:

Cant help you with colour I'm afraid, personally I'm not a fan of black/Matt black wheels on Blue Zeds as i think it dulls the colour, so any colour apart from those will be good. But again its all personal preference, Good luck choosing :teeth:

21 minutes ago, Ozzy225 said:

Yeah sizes are:

Front 19x9.5 ET20

Rear 19x10.5 ET20

That fitment sits perfectly flush with the arches so no need for spacers.

Bought new from Cougarstore some years back supplied with tyres, spigot rings and new wheel nuts. Couldn't fault their service, so highly recommend them :thumbs:

Cant help you with colour I'm afraid, personally I'm not a fan of black/Matt black wheels on Blue Zeds as i think it dulls the colour, so any colour apart from those will be good. But again its all personal preference, Good luck choosing :teeth:

Thanks man, I was planning on ordering them from Cougarstore when I do come to buying them, so nice to see you recommend them! I have seen the white wheels make the blue really pop, night blue that is, it was on Cosmis wheels, but unfortunately a bit out of my price range! You have helped a lot, will be going for white or steel grey I reckon, will have to get in touch with Cougarstore to see if they can get them in white, if so, on to a winner!!

Link to the 350Z with white wheels for the people interested, not sure who owns it as I think it's in the US, so credit goes to them:

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=brandon+johnson+farmer+350z&tbm=isch&tbs=rimg:CbnPT0cKt_1wUIjiRRFUSl9mZ1X4kHkMtfsNFk803_1uPgDX_1KB-Nw_1Yt0WJ4szTaZEj9dq6992RB5CJWB5qnWEWTBWSoSCZFEVRKX2ZnVEehQzgn3D1CMKhIJfiQeQy1-w0UR2sNnTeis5i4qEgmTzTf-4-ANfxElftD_1LY64ICoSCcoH43D9i3RYEROgp_1XKieLTKhIJnizNNpkSP10R4_1b0Fsi2WS0qEgmrr33ZEHkIlRECuSLSTWNz_1ioSCYHmqdYRZMFZEdNj2HqU0PeE&tbo=u&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwj59t2X9N7XAhXDVhQKHRmyAl4Q9C8IHw&biw=1920&bih=949&dpr=1#imgrc=uc9PRwq3_BQBKM:

Just a quick question , how much are you lowered? Looks really nice.

Top Picture I'm on MeisterR ZetaCRD Coilovers, couldn't tell you the drop as I've gone as low as possible, so that i can just get over speed bumps :lol:

Bottom Picture I'm on Tein S Tech springs and standard dampers - off the top of my head, think that was a -14/-17mm drop but cant remember.

White looks fantastic! I say go for it! :thumbs:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ozzy225 said:

Top Picture I'm on MeisterR ZetaCRD Coilovers, couldn't tell you the drop as I've gone as low as possible, so that i can just get over speed bumps :lol:

Bottom Picture I'm on Tein S Tech springs and standard dampers - off the top of my head, think that was a -14/-17mm drop but cant remember.

White looks fantastic! I say go for it! :thumbs:

Haha! It's the way it's gotta be done! Low and slow! I'm on Tein S techs as well so it's good to know it still looks like that! Yeah I think I'm set on white, makes the colour shine I think! Thanks for all the pics and help mate, been super helpful :thumbs:

1 hour ago, TT350 said:

Silver with polished lip. 

Unless you have a blue Z. Then bronze looks fantastic. 

The silver and polished looks great on black Z's.

Thanks man, mine is night blue so I think a light colour will be best for it. I think I'm set on white now, but I said that about black wheels so it may change :lol:

On 24/11/2017 at 11:50, PPod said:

Big fan of the silver with polish lips.Personally I think they would look great on your blue. 

I have the rota gtrd with polished lip kind of similar to the grids.

IMG_20171118_160952.jpg

Mate this looks epic! given me some ideas for my Z

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TT350 said:

Nooooo. Not black. 

I feel black wheels have had their day. Imo.

On certain Z's they look amazing, but being the night blue is such an awkward colour to match, it's a hard decision to make. The more and more I like at pics like the one you put below your original post, Im liking white more and more! 

1 hour ago, bluethermal said:

Those look the nuts, what size tyres would go with these?

I believe most people run 245/35 and 265/35 or 275/35. I'd be going for the 265 option because I'm after a slight stretch. I think they are the same sizes whether the wheels are 18 or 19 inch. May be wrong though