Oil catch can reccommendations

Chris141084

Iv been looking into catch cans recently... I stumbled on this thread made in 2012 by @GT4 Zed... I'm thinking of having a go at somthing like this for both sides.. instead of spending £250 for 2 cans

Edited by Rob350

28 minutes ago, evilscorp said:

^mine is still working and leaking oil down the side of my engine bay (the nipple at the bottom keeps bouncing on a hose under it and letting the oil out). Probably should relocate it somewhere but space is a premium.

So it works then... I'm glad to hear, I wasn't to sure on what the little bottle thing was he was using, I ebayed the he'll out of it to find that I think its an inline air compressor filter, so iv just bought 1 of these http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/272173192241 and I'll see how it goes. Just need to buy hose and 2 1/4 inch threaded to 10mm hose pipe connector bits and I'll see how it goes..

I'm trying to find out where the passenger side pcv is??  so i can make 1 for that side also 

Edited by Rob350

1 hour ago, Rob350 said:

So it works then... I'm glad to hear, I wasn't to sure on what the little bottle thing was he was using, I ebayed the he'll out of it to find that I think its an inline air compressor filter, so iv just bought 1 of these http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/272173192241 and I'll see how it goes. Just need to buy hose and 2 1/4 inch threaded to 10mm hose pipe connector bits and I'll see how it goes..

I'm trying to find out where the passenger side pcv is??  so i can make 1 for that side also 

Passenger side pcv is on the back of the rocker cover, under the throttle body

I bought it separately mate, got some mishimoto 10mm vacum hose. However being silicone it's porous so I'm looking to change it, any recommendations would be good  

3 minutes ago, Chris141084 said:

No worries mate, did you have to buy your pipe work separately, or did it come as a kit? 

16 minutes ago, SHEZZA said:

I bought it separately mate, got some mishimoto 10mm vacum hose. However being silicone it's porous so I'm looking to change it, any recommendations would be good  

Fuel line is a good shout think that's what we used 

Gt4zed set mine up 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Chris141084 said:

I would see where you nearest hydraulic supplier is, I'll be going to carlton hydraulics near me and asking for some pipe rated to carry oil so it doesn't degrade. Clear plastic hose should do the trick tho

Cheers for that mate. Yes I've seen the clear stuff. Not keen of the look of it to be honest, reminds me of the beer pipes in my parents old pub ! :lol:

1 hour ago, Rob350 said:

yup should work fine, basically the same, catches so much oil I have to empty it a lot as it's not very big, well until it self empty's down the engine bay.

57 minutes ago, evilscorp said:

Personally I would just stick a filter on the rear pvc breather as it has never had oil in mine but its not got a vac pulling the air through it, which explains why.

Thanks for the advice mate, I'll either just leave the passenger side, as you say there's no vac and you've not seen any oil yet, or I'll get a mini filter on it and cap the connection to the intake, but looking forward to seeing how much oil actually comes through from drivers side :thumbs:

Edited by Rob350
  • Like 1