*** TORQEN *** 350z DE, 350z HR and 370z High Flow Cats

Adrian@TORQEN

Hi guys,

We've been working hard on making our very own set of High Flow Cats for the Nissan range and we're proud to announce that the 350z DE, 350z HR and 370z version are ready for the final test fit, going into production in the next 1-2 weeks. We're aiming to have the first batch here in January 2018.

The cats are specially manufactured for TORQEN. The interior substrate is made from an ultra-thin metal foil. The foil itself is a made up of a combination of iron, chromium and aluminium. The substrate is more resilient than ceramic core substrates and so is ideal for high performance use. 200 cell cats cater for the latest version of OBD2 Standard, so in theory these should pass MOT providing they've been properly heated before the test.

The catalyst is comprised of corrugated stainless steel foil, interlaid with stainless foil sheets to prevent nesting. As the ceramic, the coating process if very strictly controlled to ensure that the precious metals within the wash coat are evenly distributed throughout the catalyst. This is to accomplish two very important objectives: provide maximum emission reduction and prevent any excess wash coat build-up that might clog the cells and reduce flow performance.

The metallic catalyst does not require a mat to cushion it within the stainless steel shell, as it is not brittle like ceramic. The outer layer of the metallic catalyst is actually slightly crushed when the catalytic converter is assembled, locking the metallic catalyst securely within the catalytic converter housing.

Here's is how the final sample looks like:

2017-11-21_16-28-31.jpeg

Of course we will have an introductory offer for the forum members with the aim to have these as a cheaper option at RRP than similar products, but the same or better quality, always in stock, ready for next day delivery. We're looking to offer the first 5 customers 20% off the RRP of £449, but depending on the interest level here we might extend the offer to 10 sets. If you're interested in a set, do let us know below. 

These will come with all the hardware and the Vibrant top quality gaskets gaskets.

More pics and details to follow, feel free to ask if you have further questions.

19/04/2018 - UPDATE

350z DE now also available, read the rest of the topic.

Members interested in a set:

350z HR / 370z
1. @Foo56 - Ryan - 350z HR - Delivered

2. @lukebalmforth96lLuke - 350z HR - Delivered

3. R - 370z - Supplied, tested on dyno and fitted.

4. @AW370z - Andrew - 370z - Delivered

5. James - 350z HR - Delivered

350z DE version:

1. @Jack94 - Shipped

2. @Olly350z - Shipped

3. @Chalkster - Supplied, tested on dyno and fitted

4. @Hodaka - Shipped

5. @Lumby101 - PMed for payment - last spot available!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Jack94 said:

Very smart B) I'll definitely be interested in a set for my DE once you've finished development! :)

Please could you also plonk me on the list for DE? Will have to see how well fed (or more likely, empty) my wallet is when the time comes, but I'd definitely be interested! :)

• 2 weeks later...