£1995 on autotrader

Redsky

An Azure blue jap import supposedly running fine with just a driver side window issue and rear hatch struts. I might be right in thinking a working VQ35DE is worth more than that? https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201711181363334?onesearchad=Used&onesearchad=Nearly New&onesearchad=New&advertising-location=at_cars&sort=price-asc&postcode=lu13rw&make=NISSAN&radius=1500&model=350 Z&page=1

No service history. Just quickly looked up the MoT history and it has failed every first MoT for the last 5 years. Looks badly cared for, getting pulled up for bald tyres, suspension issues, always failing emissions, wipers, headlights fails among many other things. 

I 'suspect' but happy to be proven wrong, its engine isn't well looked after unlike the rest of the car? 

Yeah it could be pretty badly battered up, to be honest it was a quick spot I saw that i meant to look into more which obviously you have saved me having to do. But anything thats half the price of the "normal" cars has to have some kind of issues. Still failing 5 years in a row is pretty bad, would definetely take a mechanic for anyone interested in it. In hindsight my first post makes me sound like im on the side of the car but i meant to speak more on the side of caution, i guess if you could prove the engine is in good nick it might be worth it but a big risk otherwise :/ 

I cannot believe anyone with a decent running car looks online and prices their car up half the price of the next cheapest one, if there was nothing wrong with it. Not unless of exceptional circumstance like leaving the country tomorrow and needs it gone.

It's certainly a watershed moment in Z circles. That is a lot below what I'd have sold a Z. It's also a lot of car for the money, regardless of what you spend to make or drivable. 

I personally thought £5k was an acceptable low for a V6. Maybe I'll be proved wrong in 2018.

2 hours ago, coldel said:

I cannot believe anyone with a decent running car looks online and prices their car up half the price of the next cheapest one, if there was nothing wrong with it. Not unless of exceptional circumstance like leaving the country tomorrow and needs it gone.

My thoughts exactly! Id be very eyes wide open looking at this one.