Cheap 350z on Ebay £2999 85k

cob1980

FSH isnt much value if the engine is blown up :lol:

And anyway, how do you know the clutch, flywheel and gearbox are good? It could have knackered driveshafts, the diff could have loads of play in it, fuel pump might be non functional ....... as someone else said, in that state its effectively just a rolling shell and no-one is going to pay 3K for a shell. 

I agree :lol:  Just meant the ones you linked aren't great examples that's all. 

Like I originally said, it'd be a cool project for someone assuming nothing else on the car needs attention and you could negotiate the price down a lot. 

Depends whether it's at all driveable I guess because like you say if it's not then there's no way to tell the condition of the gearbox, clutch, diff etc. 

Slightly off topic for this thread but i went to see a car once with the money all ready to buy, description and pics all looked fine on internet. Got there for a test drive and salesman said. I can knock you a grand off (from 6k to 5k) if you want today, trade sale, no warranty, went out for drive EML light was on. I asked what the fault was, he said, there is no fault, the EML light comes on, on all deisel cars when its cold (it was around +3c) it goes off when its fully warmed up. 

I mean, come off it pal, obviously i ran a mile, wasnt suprised to find out driving by same garage today that they are now out of business!

20 minutes ago, G1en@waxandshine said:

Slightly off topic for this thread but i went to see a car once with the money all ready to buy, description and pics all looked fine on internet. Got there for a test drive and salesman said. I can knock you a grand off (from 6k to 5k) if you want today, trade sale, no warranty, went out for drive EML light was on. I asked what the fault was, he said, there is no fault, the EML light comes on, on all deisel cars when its cold (it was around +3c) it goes off when its fully warmed up. 

I mean, come off it pal, obviously i ran a mile, wasnt suprised to find out driving by same garage today that they are now out of business!

Haha something similar happened to me I went to test drive an Astra VXR, there was an EML on and the turbo kept cutting out when I put my foot down. It then went into limp mode and started miss firing, and the guy said the reason why it was doing that was because it just had a new turbo fitted and had oil in the exhaust manifold cuasing it to miss fire and to go into limp mode. I couldn't stop laughing.