Cheap 350z on Ebay £2999 85k

cob1980

59 minutes ago, coldel said:

Might need a few thousand pounds worth of repairs for all we know if its smoking/engine light on - tread carefully!

Im always very wary of car dealers selling cars needing work like this, especially when they say "no comment on why its smoking" etc.. My thoughts are is that they pretty much know exactly whats wrong with it and it just not financially viable for them to fix it and then sell it along side their normal cars.

MOT history doesnt show anything scary, it was only MOT`d 11 days ago. I always thought an engine management light showing was an MOT fail, so whatevers happened to it may have only just happened.

38 minutes ago, rabbitstew said:

Im always very wary of car dealers selling cars needing work like this, especially when they say "no comment on why its smoking" etc.. My thoughts are is that they pretty much know exactly whats wrong with it and it just not financially viable for them to fix it and then sell it along side their normal cars.

MOT history doesnt show anything scary, it was only MOT`d 11 days ago. I always thought an engine management light showing was an MOT fail, so whatevers happened to it may have only just happened.

Or it could have been a friendly MOT test. Ive seen cars on dealer forecourts with a valid MOT in such a short time that definitely wouldnt pass if you took them in yourself.

It's cheap for a reason so go in with your eyes wide open. It's trade so given they are probably marking it up for a small profit be extra careful.

Edited by Payco

Smoking and EML, i'd offer him half the asking price at best, your buying a shell with seats. There is a 4-5k rebuild waiting for you on that one.

" We are just a 2 minute walk from Banbury Train Station & a 5 minute walk from Banbury Bus Station."

Quite handy, as that's about as far as it'll drive tbh.

Edited by Willsy1980
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, davey_83 said:

These are mentioned in the item description redsky

It says it smokes and has an EML but doesnt say what its for, EML could be literally any of the codes and the smoke could be a bunch of stuff too. Just meant it could be something little or it could be something really bad.

Surely if everything else on the car is all good and you could haggle the price down to somewhere around 2k it'd be a good project for someone? 

If you assume the worst (that it's going to need a new engine) then there's a few on eBay for around 1.5k so if you can do the work yourself you could have it all fixed up for under 4k, unless I'm missing something? 

Edited by Jack94

I guess its a good buy if you are just looking for a shell to drop new running gear and engine into as a bit of fun - but otherwise why take on all the hassle. I am with the doc on this, if it was fixable the dealer would fix it and sell it at a better price, clearly there is substantial issues with it and wouldnt expect to spend peanuts on it and pat yourself on the back for having done over the dealer...

30 minutes ago, docwra said:

Fair point although 2 of them links are auctions not buy it now prices and the other one is an auto,  plus none of them are GTs, have FSH etc. 

Obviously the one with the engine problem could be an absolute dog but it looks better in the pictures/sounds better on paper. 

Personally if it was me I'd enjoy doing the work but like you said, you need somewhere to store it.

Would love a unit with a ramp one day but at the moment that's just a dream :lol:

Edited by Jack94