Zed's dead baby, Zed's dead... (well, traded in)

Kuro

Folks,

The end of an era, the Zed is effectively sold... :surrender:

Strangely, I don't feel that bad, and I'm looking forward to a new type of motoring, with all of the challenges that come with it. When we bought the Zed nearly 3 years ago, I always new the a 2 seat GT wouldn't (and couldn't) last forever... all good things and all that. So now that we need something more practical, the Zed is destined to be traded in...

I always said that I've never go down the pseudo-sports route, once you've driven Scoobies and Zeds, nothing else feels as quick, or handles as well. So what to go for? Well, if you take sportiness out of the equation, then it's time for something completely different. Something comfortable, with a nice quiet cabin, nice features, decent audio system. Perhaps something that's cheaper to insure, to fuel up, to tax and to maintain. Hmmm...

So, with that in mind we've opted for a delivery miles Saab 93 Vector Sport TDI 150. Quite looking forward to taking delivery actually, something completely different for the next few years. I'll post some pics when it arrives...

So, thanks to you all for being the greatest forum I've ever been part of (seriously, it's that good). And I wish you all well with your Zeds. I was going to type up my summary of Zedding, as a testament really. But if anyone want to know just how cool a Zed is, and the reason for owning and appreciating one - re-read my ring trip thread - that should sum up the Zed quite nicely...

http://www.350z-uk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=9642&highlight=

It's been a blast!

K :)

ps. I'll still be around if you'll have me

ps2. Yes, I'll be sticking my 'Kuro Black' plates on the Saab as a mark of respect for the 'beast'