God damn Airbag light!

Loggy747

Flew back home to Ireland after 10 weeks away to put the zed through the MOT. For those who aren't aware, the MOT is much more stringent in northern Ireland compared with England. 

Anyway, I got into the car and the airbag light was flashing again. This happened a few times before so I had already researched and found a video which suggested turning the ignition 4 times. This got the light off until I was at the MOT centre and was asked to turn the car off, at which point the airbag light decided it would be a nice time to come back on. And the poor zeds' fate was sealed. 

The problem is I can't get this light off now, it only stays off until I turn the car on again and then it comes back on. Is there a more permanent fix? 

It's nearly always the yellow connector under the passenger seat, the reset works fine unless the fault is still there then the light will come back on every time.

Try the connector under the passenger seat then do the reset hopefully you will be good to go after that,

The clock spring failure cause the light to come on as it detects a fault in the steering wheel air bay I have only seen that on one Zed so far, it's not a common problem from what I know.

Simply going through the ignition key cycle to extinguish the light doesn't solve the underlying problem.  I recommend downloading the US service manual for your model year and going through the diagnostic steps in the srs.pdf section.  This will tell you what part of the system is at fault.  While US spec cars are not identical to yours, I believe the airbag system is.

I feel your pain. Mine has been intermittent. Mine was also the clockspring in the steering wheel. Really the best bet without messing about is to take it to someone with the correct diagnostics machine and get the error read. It'll tell you whether it's the seat or the clockspring, or something else.