Club Calendar 2018 - Order Thread

Stutopia

Desk Calendar arrived safely day - another quality edition, although this time I can see you struggled for different cars.  Maybe something could be set up when anyone posts decent pics of theirs or other cars/groups they are copied by team members into a different folder for selection and use in next years edition?

45 minutes ago, Ebized said:

Desk Calendar arrived safely day - another quality edition, although this time I can see you struggled for different cars.  Maybe something could be set up when anyone posts decent pics of theirs or other cars/groups they are copied by team members into a different folder for selection and use in next years edition?

Year on year it's getting harder to pull together the full Desk Calendar, the problem isn't just about getting a variety of cars to fill it, but getting enough images of sufficient resolution and correct exposure to stand up to printing. Simply pulling images off the forum isn't enough, they are compressed as they are uploaded to reduce the bandwidth required to host our own images. This is why the very good people who actually make it all happen by submitting their photos end up having to email them to me. More importantly, for anyone who takes the time to submit images, I really don't mind them having several in the Desk Calendar, because we simply wouldn't have one without their generous input.

What would be really good is if we can get more photos from meets where at least one member takes shots either with a DSLR or a decent phone and sends them to us, uncompressed. This way we'll have good shots of a wide variety of cars.

All that said, I'm not a total dinosaur, I recognise that sharing images on Faceballz and Instagram is where it's at in the long term.

40 minutes ago, Jay84 said:

I took mine on a bridging camera, a bit easier to carry around and store, I'm paid up for japfest so as long as I remember lol

Of course, I should have just said any decent dedicated camera.

• Like 1

Received both today, brilliant pictures from all the members, I was glad to see a couple of my entries making the cut :thumbs: 

my girlfreind was over the moon to find a picture of her in the drivers seat in the March picture... the fact that it was her 2nd time ever driving my car happend to be on track... and she had never been over 3.5k revs in her little mx5 lol... she now feels like Sabine Schmitt haha

Thanks again for your efforts stu, really pleased with them 

• Like 2