Lexx Goes Gold

Stutopia

I can't quite believe it, and he will hate to be described this way, but our fearless leader @Lexx has purchased a pipe, some slippers and retired from forum duties. 

Those of you who have been around a while will be aware that Al not only bares the brunt of the work required to keep this place up and running in the virtual world, but in the real one too. When he isn't holding the site together, Al is busy doing other things, like paying the server bills or liaising with the IT geeks or supporting anyone on the Team who needs a hand. In his spare time, they get him to shift badly parked aircraft carriers and he's also got a sideline being the patriarch of a household with at least half a dozen kids.

I don't need to tell those of you who attended the Coventry 10th Anniversary meet that it was a huge success and fitting way to mark 10 years. This was Al's baby, from inception to the last shot at the bar. Organising the day-time venue, the hotel, the meal, The Members, The Team, the raffle, the epic car park plan, the badges, the instructions, the DJ, the finances, the list goes on. It was a shining example of the many events that keep the community not just ticking over online, but somewhere that has a real world social presence too.

It's impossible to overstate Al's contribution to the forum, so I won't bang on, but every member should know we wouldn't have a working forum right now were it not for Al. All I can say further is, on behalf of The Members and The Team, a huge THANK YOU!

• Like 5

A legend leaves the building :notworthy: I think its fair to say a lot of the work admin do behind the scenes is exactly that, all done behind the scenes with little recognition but Al has always gone above and beyond, getting him to accept a compliment for his efforts is hard work! Enjoy spending more time with the kids and the boat matey!

Thanks for all your help in making this such a great place to be.Although I have never met you plenty have told me about the lengths you have gone to on this forum.All the best and thanks again.I hope we can sustain the forum without you.

Martin

Who? Oh, that guy. Right. He's left now then? Didn't notice.

I could spend a paragraph or two gushing over how awesome he is, but any guy who can father two sets of twins back to back probably knows how manly he is :lol: So I'll make it nice and simple: Lexx, cheers for everything matey.

Christ Stu, that's some amount of man love you've shown me there :lol:

Sometimes life gets in the way of the fun stuff. I'm fortunate enough that both my home and work life are fun, bit they take up so much time of late that I don't get the time to enjoy this place as well as dedicating the amount of time it deserves. 

We have one of the greatest car communities in the country right here, and it's the members who make it. 

Keep it up guys. 

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

I've known Lexx for a few years now and he is, without a doubt, one of the most genuine guys I've known in my life. He's done a sterling job here and is to be commended.

And yeah, his ability to impregnate with twins on both times of asking is truly remarkable! :lol:

• Thanks 1