New Z owner

Hi folks, 

i joined here 7 years ago when I was considering a 350z vs an FN2 civic type R to replace my previous EP3 type R. I ended up with a civic that I modified to 370bhp turbo'd and ran to 100k miles. 

5 weeks ago I sold it and finally bought a Z which I love!! It's a completely different experience to the civic but I'm very happy. 

I have a few few minor mods planned but not to the extent took the civic!

I now now have a grey 58 plate HR with 45k on the clock. 

:)

Ben

Welcome bud! I see you are based in Leeds so nice to see another Yorkshireman in the club! I'm based in Batley so not too far away from you at all. I'm in Leeds all the time for university so I will keep an eye out for you! I've seen a few 370s and 350s flying around in Leeds. Definitely get some pictures up too :)

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, GhulamAfzal11 said:

Welcome bud! I see you are based in Leeds so nice to see another Yorkshireman in the club! I'm based in Batley so not too far away from you at all. I'm in Leeds all the time for university so I will keep an eye out for you! I've seen a few 370s and 350s flying around in Leeds. Definitely get some pictures up too :)

Thanks for the welcomes all!

it was actually Batley where I found the car! I'll get some pictures soon :)

• Haha 1

I imagine a lot of people have found this buy I went in to my local Nissan dealer last week for a price for updating my sat nav DVD and they wouldn't even say the figure out loud! They wrote down £411.92!!!! I was amused anyway, I was hoping for about twenty quid :D

:welcome:  HR is the way to go my friend! lol You'll love it and from a stock point of view the Z will eat Civics... trust me I've 1/4'd quite a few of them lol (mind you not with 370! lol) Totally different driving experience but you'll love every moment of it. 

HR Discliamer: If it skips/jerks at slow speed around 1K revs... its fine lol (you can smooth it out with a tune apparently, I've just never bothered)

• 2 weeks later...

thanks for the kind welcomes everyone! 

On 07/11/2017 at 08:33, veeg33 said:

Hello and welcome :wave: You can get a new head unit with satnav for that price!! Those stealership always try their luck.......

yep that's what i said to the guy - he couldn't disagree! I can live with it for now I think :) Although I have seen a 2013 disc on ebay for about 9 quid so might chance that..

On 07/11/2017 at 13:16, Cimanu said:

Welcome! Z is a pretty common step once you're done with 9k honda limiter life!

On 07/11/2017 at 18:49, AMT said:

:welcome:  HR is the way to go my friend! lol You'll love it and from a stock point of view the Z will eat Civics... trust me I've 1/4'd quite a few of them lol (mind you not with 370! lol) Totally different driving experience but you'll love every moment of it. 

HR Discliamer: If it skips/jerks at slow speed around 1K revs... its fine lol (you can smooth it out with a tune apparently, I've just never bothered)

it really is such a different experience but a lot of people have said the same about it being a common step. I have already taken it to TDi North who built my civic and they mentioned the same. They also mentioned the remap option to smooth out the response in the first 3 gears. Apparently a safety thing done on purpose to stop people spinning out when setting off with a heavy right foot...

The civic was mental fast really, especially once moving. I knew whatever I was likely to get it would not be quite as fast but I am impressed with the low down power and strong pull all the way through the revs. Also very nice having rear wheel drive traction off the line :) It's just such a nice place to be sat in the drivers seat of the Z, I am not disappointed one bit!

• Like 1

To eliminate that jerk that happens at around 1k revs? If you can could you tell us or even PM me what it cost to have that smoothed out? I've considered it but never really wanted to spend a fortune in getting it done. 

On 17/11/2017 at 22:58, AMT said:

To eliminate that jerk that happens at around 1k revs? If you can could you tell us or even PM me what it cost to have that smoothed out? I've considered it but never really wanted to spend a fortune in getting it done. 

It's part of the Uprev remap they do - prices on their website. bit more power and torque across the whole rev range plus improved throttle response in the first 3 gears I'm told (eliminating that hesitation). Not had it done yet, but I will in the new year.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 20/11/2017 at 15:58, yarters said:

It's part of the Uprev remap they do - prices on their website. bit more power and torque across the whole rev range plus improved throttle response in the first 3 gears I'm told (eliminating that hesitation). Not had it done yet, but I will in the new year.

Sort the rest of your bolt ons first to really make the most of it.

They love decats or high flows!

Mine's a different car after being mapped, really pulls at the top now