MCM do a 350z build

davey_83

Did they even fit a plenum spacer to this!? 

I stand corrected about the numbers though fair play to them! 

283@the wheels with 100 shot of nitrous........just under what mine made without any cheating gas!! 

Didnt they winge about getting a few cuts n grazes while working in there fully setup garage with fancy jacks and all the room in the world........and I thought it was us POMs that did that!! 

3 hours ago, 350Butcher said:

Did they even fit a plenum spacer to this!? 

I stand corrected about the numbers though fair play to them! 

283@the wheels with 100 shot of nitrous........just under what mine made without any cheating gas!! 

Didnt they winge about getting a few cuts n grazes while working in there fully setup garage with fancy jacks and all the room in the world........and I thought it was us POMs that did that!! 

Was a plenum spacer already on it seen it on one of the angles when showing the intake and that 

24 minutes ago, Colin747 said:

Did 218 at the wheels not seem low for a stock car nevermind one with headers/exhaust and a stand alone ECU?

They've not gained anything over just decatting the car as they've not got any of the supporting mods required to free up the HP, stock cams, heads, intake etc so the manifolds are wasted.

If it was breathing and revving higher then you'd see the gains........so 280ish@flywheel is about right I'd say

It'll look pretty though........I think that's probably the main goal of this build

Edited by 350Butcher

3 hours ago, 350Butcher said:

They've not gained anything over just decatting the car as they've not got any of the supporting mods required to free up the HP, stock cams, heads, intake etc so the manifolds are wasted.

If it was breathing and revving higher then you'd see the gains........so 280ish@flywheel is about right I'd say

It'll look pretty though........I think that's probably the main goal of this build

Fair enough, I had thought the aftermarket ECU would have freed up more HP than an UpRev. I was just comparing it to my car which got 240hp at the wheels with just HFC, panel filter, and an UpRev.

Edited by Colin747

I've been following MCM for a good 2 years now and having owned a couple of 350z now it's awesome to see these guys working on this car! I see it's a track version but I don't fully understand how the BHP was so low, even at 220 it would suggest (add 15% for conversion to Flywheel) that would be 256BHP after mods... I see the car has 120K+ on clock.... I now run a '53' GT with 78K can I expect something the same :o 

Edited by sgtarg

1 hour ago, Ekona said:

Dyno readings mean nothing in isolation, it’s the difference before and after that’s key.

Yeah I understand that but would I expect my 350 to have lost as many or less horses. What have others experienced on the Dyno from stock to not? I would hate to think mine has lost, say 40bhp, since 2003 after 78K :scare:

Shame they never gave us a before reading to have any idea what the gains were, they only gave a before/after N2O reading. Dunno about you guys but I've been really disappointed with the 350 videos, only going to be the three of them and they didn't really do anything to it of interest.  Seems just a crap forced promo vid for NFS, especially compared to their other build series videos which are great.