When your Ferrari FXX K is "too slow"

Mikevv

http://www.carbuzz.com/news/2017/10/30/Meet-The-Ferrari-FXX-K-Evo-The-Most-Extreme-Ferrari-Ever-Made-7741753/

Glad those weird little winglet things are gone, and going on the 599xx EVO, most people did indeed opt for the pack. It's all about lap times for these owners, and Ferrari know they'd sign on the dotted line before even reading the price.

6 minutes ago, Kev said:

Yeah, I ignored it, Nissans been umming and ahh-ing for the last few years about the 370z.
I'm glad I didn't wait for it to be revealed instead of buying my MK2, or else I'd still be stuck in a paint flaking 350 :p Wonder how my cars doing....

9 minutes ago, Kev said:

Yep ;) 

As Dan mentioned, I think the time of large engine NAs in this price segment is coming to an end. Nissan have the GTR, 370z sales have been poor, commercially it is a segment that would appear not worth investing in moving forwards when that money could be better spent elsewhere by the manufacturers. 

I'm not surprised really. The 370z was never a success in the Europe which is a shame. 

I thought the US muscle car market might have swayed the decision for another z but the yanks are patriotic with their cars and many buyers now want turbos and AWD. 

So anyone wanting a nismo can have a micra with red bits and a badge or a £100k+ gtr with not much in between. 

Edited by Kev

32 minutes ago, Kev said:

I'm not surprised really. The 370z was never a success in the Europe which is a shame. 

I thought the US muscle car market might have swayed the decision for another z but the yanks are patriotic with their cars and many buyers now want turbos and AWD. 

So anyone wanting a nismo can have a micra with red bits and a badge or a £100k+ gtr with not much in between. 

In the US they're closer to $50k USD - That is a hard car to sell when you get a Corvette for that sort of money

48 minutes ago, Kev said:

I guess the issue is, why have anything inbetween if it makes the business no money and doesn't lend enough prestige to make it a marketing tool? As mentioned Chevy is a hard competitor in the US market. In Europe you spend a bit more and get a Cayman or a bit less and get a very fast 1 series BMW. All these outselling the 370z (I am guessing) by some margin. There is no harm in businesses trying to focus and not try be jack of all trades, it may be that Nissan decide its the least profitable market segment for them so decide to get out and focus on smaller cars with a flagship supercar. Toyota jumped out the segment some time back and focused on boring family cars, but hey made them one of the best selling manufacturers for the last 30 years.

22 minutes ago, Mikevv said:

In the US they're closer to $50k USD - That is a hard car to sell when you get a Corvette for that sort of money

Omg that is ridiculous. Wtf are they thinking? I'm amazed they have sold 1. 

1 minute ago, coldel said:

I guess the issue is, why have anything inbetween if it makes the business no money and doesn't lend enough prestige to make it a marketing tool? As mentioned Chevy is a hard competitor in the US market. In Europe you spend a bit more and get a Cayman or a bit less and get a very fast 1 series BMW. All these outselling the 370z (I am guessing) by some margin. There is no harm in businesses trying to focus and not try be jack of all trades, it may be that Nissan decide its the least profitable market segment for them so decide to get out and focus on smaller cars with a flagship supercar. Toyota jumped out the segment some time back and focused on boring family cars, but hey made them one of the best selling manufacturers for the last 30 years.

I agree 100% but it is a shame. 

I think they messed up with the 370z. Not a big enough step forward from the 350z, questionable styling and a hatchback interior that was miles behind the competition. 

I thought they might come up with some hybrid mini nsx for the next Z. Looks like the gtr is their halo car for the brand and they don't need anything else. 

Toyota are a good example. I loved mk1 and 2 mr2's when I was a kid, supra's too. Now I don't even know what their models are called. I just see them as a generic "old persons" car. But as you say, they sell well. 

Every exciting car that is released these days is £100k plus. Even the new rs5 is £90k with a few options and it's not that great.

Porsche prices are now eye watering. I thought I'd buy a new 911 one day, now I know it won't happen.