Ok BMW, thats enough.... please....

AMT

http://www.carbuzz.com/news/2017/10/25/BMW-Reveals-Its-Latest-Attempt-To-Impress-Millenials-The-X2-7741712/

BMW and Merc with their niche markets and horrid looking designs. Honestly why do people buy these.  I wouldn't buy a BMW as I'm more into looks for cars but I like the M4, M2 , 2 series etc but these 4x4's, crossover things and same with Merc and their GL, bulbus looking shapes for high rise cars...  what is going on? It can't just be me...surely.

I get if you want to protect your kids, be safe etc but you must also surely be looking at the styling of the damn thing...and who in the hell is gonna look at the X2 and go ...yeah..mmmm 

I'm sure some of you will like it but hey.... YOU'RE WRONG :lol:

(I studied design when I was younger so I have huge opinions on styling... despite it being subjective... remember you're wrong though... lol)

...and yet they'll sell by the bucket load. I think people just see the badge, like the original 1 Series... terrible thing but hey...I've got a BMW :yuck:

Edited by AMT

13 hours ago, AMT said:

It can't just be me...surely.

...and yet they'll sell by the bucket load

I think you have answered you're own question ;)

You do seem quite animated by the "looks" of a car judging by you're frequent threads on the subject, maybe thats from you're background, but i really wouldnt be too concerned, there really isnt many cars on the road that look good imho.

Edited by Jetpilot

They wouldn’t be half as bad if they resisted the urge to put stretches of dark grey plastic along the sides. *shudders*

”It also has very unique styling”. Something can’t be very unique, it is either one of a kind, and therefore unique, or it isn’t. Even if it could be very unique, which it can’t, it still isn’t, because it looks like all the others, just in swollen/shrunken form.

just noticed the rear seat alcantara, perfect for small children and clambering into when you’ve been doing ‘utility’ sports in the mud. Nothing wipes down easier :lol:

Ah but dear sir, you've missed the real genius: They deliberately give you bits that are silly or ugly so that you're forced to raid the options list to get something that's actually practical/decent looking :D

Porsche do a fantastic job of the same on the Macan with that side grey strip, looks so much better in body colour but of course that's £££ please sir...

• Like 2

2 hours ago, SuperStu said:

They wouldn’t be half as bad if they resisted the urge to put stretches of dark grey plastic along the sides. *shudders*

”It also has very unique styling”. Something can’t be very unique, it is either one of a kind, and therefore unique, or it isn’t. Even if it could be very unique, which it can’t, it still isn’t, because it looks like all the others, just in swollen/shrunken form.

just noticed the rear seat alcantara, perfect for small children and clambering into when you’ve been doing ‘utility’ sports in the mud. Nothing wipes down easier :lol:

The dark grey plastic is actually frozen grey paint according to the article, and is reserved for the top spec model. Why I can't quite fathom. 

Its also hard to repair and requires totally different cleaning to regular paint. Polish ruins it. Which makes it a really odd decision for bumpers and wheel arches. 

The lower spec models look better. 

Edited by Kev

17 hours ago, Ekona said:

Shame it's FWD. It's actually okay otherwise.

And it's you're, not your. So you're wrong :p:lol:

4 hours ago, Jetpilot said:

I think you have answered you're own question ;)

You do seem quite animated by the "looks" of a car judging by you're frequent threads on the subject, maybe thats from you're background, but i really wouldnt be too concerned, there really isnt many cars on the road that look good imho.

Now that one is your, not you're. Crikey it's a grammar collapse

• Haha 1

But the OP is right, the X2 is poor looking thing.  It smacks of 'I want a beemer like that big X6 but haven't the money'.  That is fair enough if you aren't rich, but a buyer has to expect that they will look like a wannabe.

That said, none of the X series are what you would call exciting to look at.

Dan ... I have correct my horrendous error ;):lol:  Jet... yes!... I'm of the styling first of car moaning lol I do like design (although its subjective so a hard case to argue when you do haha) I like that I'm now developing notable trends :lol: .... but honestly...burn this X2,3,6 whatever... thing :teeth:

PS. Mods.... I don't have the biggest post count but I have been here a while and reasonably (or annoyingly) known to the oldest members haha... when can I apply for a 'sub title'? Like instead of Z Veteran... how about 'Mr Opinion'  :lol: (I'd take that..)

Edited by AMT
  • Like 1

I wish the whole SUV fad would die out already, they just don't suite our roads or carparks in this country and its an arms race scenario where people feel the need to drive them because other people are driving them.

Edited by Sargara
  • Like 2

24 minutes ago, AMT said:

Dan ... I have correct my horrendous error ;):lol: 

On 25/10/2017 at 21:30, AMT said:

I'm sure some of you will like it but hey.... YOUR WRONG :lol:

I hate to call you a liar, but... ;):lol:

Also, *corrected :p:lol:

25 minutes ago, AMT said:

PS. Mods.... I don't have the biggest post count but I have been here a while and reasonably (or annoyingly) known to the oldest members haha... when can I apply for a 'sub title'? Like instead of Z Veteran... how about 'Mr Opinion'  :lol: (I'd take that..)

My vote goes to Mr Wrong :D

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

:lol: ok ...... done this time... I think (I did pass English I mean I'm sure of it... christ I do responses for stuff at work.. :blush: ) Its late..ish

I still like Mr. Opinion ... or how about Mr. I don't like it anyway... lol

If your gonna buy a big car, to ferry people about or keep your family safe..buy a Range Rover. Otherwise... buy a car :) (I dislike big 4x4/crossovers, I wonder if you can tell)

If I won the lottery (I'd need to play it first) I'd have a Range Rover, but for someone who loves cars I can honestly take that phrase about a car being a tool and apply it to 4x4's, I just wouldn't 'lust' after one.

Edited by AMT

The Disco looks like its had a stroke and before the sensitive on here get all anxious, my friend who had a stroke was the one who came out with that comment.

I am not sure i get these crossover thingys either and agree if you are going the 4x4 route, just get a big daddy Range, having said that, i think the new Velar looks awesome :)

• Haha 1

I hate big lumps but I think its ok for what it is... it's hard to make a box look stylish, the rear is a bit...'thin' I'll agree lol. I don't check nuttin'...I just give my opinion..... (huh eh...huh..Mr . opini...no?... ok:blush::lol:

Edited by AMT

I would hate a Cube... however everytime one goes by you go "OH A CUBE!"  :lol: I like that Volvo also, nice sleek GT/Coupe look.  Volvo's are secretly stylish these days, like subtle but good looking.