Prospective 350z Owner

Hi All,

I have always wanted a 350z since I was a youngster.

My 135i Coupe was recently stolen and am I am currently waiting for the theft claim to go through.

I have narrowed my choice down to a Z and want to find a helpful forum with lots of info, so hopefully I am in the right place!

When I get my Z, I plan to do the following in the first few weeks/months of ownership. Can anyone please give any advice or input on things to consider when doing these mods? As I am new to Zs, any input would be great, for example, any complications or obstructions I may encounter when doing these mods:

- Fixed alcantara bucket seats (on sliding rails)

- A reputable brand made harness bar

- 5 point harnesses for the seats

- A cone filter with heat shield

- Japspeed decat pipes

- Custom Y-pipe with no center silencer

- Steering wheel boss kit and alcantara deep wheel

- Lowering springs (not decided on which yet)

- 18" wheels with good rubber

- Spacers if the wheels don't sit in line with the arches.

Down the road I would want to do a lightened SMF and sport clutch.

Thanks all, I look forward to any useful input :)

P.s, here was my 135i :(

Whats_App_Image_2017_10_16_at_20_49_07_1

Edited by Vish8895

Welcome along :)

With regards to mods:

Not all bucket seats fit, make sure you try before you buy in terms of comfort, and brackets may need to be custom jobs

Harness bars are def available

Harnesses likewise

JWT Popcharger would be my choice as it's cost effective and whatever you do with a cone filter you'll lose power, worth it for the noise though

Don't get anything from Crapspeed, buy some decent Berk ones

Y-pipes don't usually have silencers on, do they? So no need to go custom

Steering wheel easy to do

Springs are easy

Tyres go for MPS4 on 18" (and well done for function > form), Rays are fine and cheap and light as you'll get before ££££

You'll def want spacers for the Rays

6 minutes ago, Ekona said:

Welcome along :)

With regards to mods:

Not all bucket seats fit, make sure you try before you buy in terms of comfort, and brackets may need to be custom jobs

Harness bars are def available

Harnesses likewise

JWT Popcharger would be my choice as it's cost effective and whatever you do with a cone filter you'll lose power, worth it for the noise though

Don't get anything from Crapspeed, buy some decent Berk ones

Y-pipes don't usually have silencers on, do they? So no need to go custom

Steering wheel easy to do

Springs are easy

Tyres go for MPS4 on 18" (and well done for function > form), Rays are fine and cheap and light as you'll get before ££££

You'll def want spacers for the Rays

Thanks for all that feedback!

I had shortlisted the popcharger,  because like you said, they are cheap and do the job. The intake is purely for the sound in my case, I am not expecting any performance improvements etc.

Thanks for the warm welcome and useful advice, when the time comes I will get some pics of the car I buy up!

Vish

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, veeg33 said:

Hello and welcome :wave:

Mine's currently for sale if that interest you -->

Dan (above) has pretty much answered all your questions. Good luck with your claim.

Hi,

Thanks for the welcome.

Your car looks great, and is the color I want. Also a great write up, shows the car has been owned by a real enthusiast which is nice!

Sadly it's out of my budget, I am looking to spend around £5000 and there are quite a few on eBay, AT and GumTree in that bracket with similar age and mileage (albeit not black).

14 minutes ago, Vish8895 said:

Hi,

Thanks for the welcome.

Your car looks great, and is the color I want. Also a great write up, shows the car has been owned by a real enthusiast which is nice!

Sadly it's out of my budget, I am looking to spend around £5000 and there are quite a few on eBay, AT and GumTree in that bracket with similar age and mileage (albeit not black).

No worries mate, good luck your hunt. You'll enjoy the zed!!

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Welcome mate,

135 is a real weapon, Z might be a disappointment performance wise!

As others have said Y pipes have no silencer in but they are narrow so worth changing with the rest of it. Then take it to be mapped once the exhaust is all on!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cimanu said:

Welcome mate,

135 is a real weapon, Z might be a disappointment performance wise!

As others have said Y pipes have no silencer in but they are narrow so worth changing with the rest of it. Then take it to be mapped once the exhaust is all on!

Thanks bud!

Yeah it was a weapon, but still civilized inside. I am hoping the small gap in performance from the Z will be made up by its simplistic raw approach (and a whopping loud exhaust to compliment the V6 ;) ).

Thanks for the advice on the Y pipes!