4th rear fog/brake light

Kev T

Got this little item a few months ago from adrian @ torqen, been lazy about fitting it but decided to make the job multi task and change the reversing bulb for LED's at the same time as all the plastics have to come out anyway. The replacement is very straight forward except that the nuts holding the original fog light are locktighted on and attempting to undo them resulted in the stud turning  :angry2:  so it took me an hour to hacksaw the nuts off with a short hacksaw blade as there is not a lot of space to do it !

Having said that the result is pleasing and i now have more reversing light as well.

image.thumb.jpeg.4f30d0afa83cd58042172cc81e59b8fc.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.e70e2c4ab89997779c8be40e06bd1d3f.jpegcapture.png.f4ae11c633e12f1d5d168e1130a558fa.png

image.jpeg

DSC_3096.JPG

• Like 1

6 hours ago, mattross1313 said:

The LED unit is a fog and reverse light so no trouble for MOTs

Its just how he has said its wired, as a brake light, rear light and reverse. I took rear light to side light, not fog light.

13 hours ago, W8BGS said:

Its just how he has said its wired, as a brake light, rear light and reverse. I took rear light to side light, not fog light.

Oh yes, that'll teach me to rush! Well...on mine ( :lol: ) I have it wired in to the cluster giving me a red running light and reverse light, it is then also tapped into the OEM fog light wiring to give me a fog light too :D

• Like 1

I want to get one, but would love it ideally to be a brake, reverse and fog combo, this can't really happen as I appreciate they use the same bulbs and no idea which would override the other.

i think I will have to go with side/fog and reverse. To be honest just want the reverse light to be brighter so this would help, could keep it as just fog and reverse

10 hours ago, nissanjuke said:

MY 3 iN 1 LIGHT,is  brake/reverse and fog light, just got it wired this week while it was in for a service.:D:teeth:

Would love to see what happens if the fog is on and you then brake. Its the part that has confused me. Haha. I assume in this case the brake light is the brighter one.

1 hour ago, Ekona said:

Fog light is the same output as a brake light, in 99% of cases.

True, but the ones I have seen online in the US for example have the sidelight being the red leds in a dim mode and the brake light using the same leds in a brighter output. 

I guess if the brake light was the dimmer output, but when fog was on the fog was bright and overrode the brake light then that would work, as most of the time the fog light would never be on.