Front Suspension knocking

bc1987

OK so i started getting a nocking from the front end about a week ago, instantly thought drop links, replaced drop links with white line uprated ones, still getting nocking so though compression arm bushings, had a look at those today and they look brand new and untorn. 

so i am now thinking compression arm ball joints?

any good way to test the balls? 

nocking is now much worse, seems to happen if i hit a big bump but also if i turn violently from left to right... seems to be coming from pax footwell.

only other thing i can think of is previous owner replaced compression arm/bushing then didn't torque it up properly (it did come off quite easy and is supposed to be 140/170 NM...

thoughts?

4 hours ago, bc1987 said:

No I just like shining things.

Trying to fit a new exhaust at the moment and all but two bolts came off straight away. It appears the last two are made of Kryptonite and even superman would not touch them.

:angry:

Get some heat on them mate

Did the new arms cure the knock? Interested to know as new bushes were fitted to my last zed and new drop links but the knock was still there over slow bumpy road. So seeing if the knackered balljoints and cones could actually be that loud 

On 31/10/2017 at 12:52, C-Fed said:

Did the new arms cure the knock? Interested to know as new bushes were fitted to my last zed and new drop links but the knock was still there over slow bumpy road. So seeing if the knackered balljoints and cones could actually be that loud 

For those interested yes the new arms cured the nock. I got them from a local car parts place for 100 quid.

I do now need new tie rods after fighting with them and a crow bar

• 3 weeks later...
On ‎22‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 20:12, ZMANALEX said:

New compression rods (Banana Arms) in stock and good to go same/next day.

Just drop me a PM if I can help further.

do you have front right lower oem suspension arm fro 2005 350z. I got one of ebay and it does not fit looking for geuine oem

• 2 months later...