Hopeful to be new owner tomorrow....

Hi all,

Been looking for a 350z for almost a month now. The cars near me seemed to have some questionable mods or silly prices. I've found this one which fits all my requirements I set out for and seems to be a good buy. I've been in discussion with the owner who says it's got FSH and no mods. 

Does anyone know the car? 

I've read the buyers guide but open to any other advice :)

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201710090116302?sort=price-asc&model=350 Z&maximum-mileage=100000&radius=70&onesearchad=Used&onesearchad=Nearly New&onesearchad=New&postcode=ip145ag&make=NISSAN&advertising-location=at_cars&page=1

randomly my insurance said it came back as an fairlady import but every other check shows it as a uk car and certainly looks like it from what I can see! 

I’ll be reading through the forum for the best way to add Bluetooth and restore it to pristine condition! 

Welcome along

That car looks a good deal on the face of it.

As you have read the guides, they will give you a good idea of the common faults but the more expensive fixes are rust, have a good look underneath and around arches, clutch/fly/csc, ask when/if it was last replaced and banana arms/ bushes, check for knocking sounds or vauge steering.

Good Luck

Hello and welcome :wave;

I would check HPI to confirm this is not a Fairlady import if this worries you. Visually it looks like a UK but they can be swapped. Have you physically seen/viewed this zed? Good luck

Edited by veeg33

Done the hpi check on the AA website and it doesn’t mention being an import so hopefully all good!!

its my first viewing today and hoping to take it away if all is as good as it seems. It’s currently sorn so might be unable to get a proper test drive in but hopefully if I go over it enough I will see any issues just moving it and looking:blush:

There is an app called Vehicle Smart on my iPhone which when you put the number plate in gives MOT history back to 2006. Given this is a 2006 car, its unlikely it would have been imported the year it was made, pop the number plate in and if the history goes back to then chances are its a UK car.