350 Roadster Newbie

Hello all, I’m Steve from Hatfield, thought I say hi and introduce myself.  Not sure if it’s a Midlife crisis or the wet summer and a lack of time on my blackbird but I’ve been itching for something more exciting than my Diesel Mondeo.  Eventually took a bit of a punt and tested an 06 350 Roadster and before I knew it I was taking delivery…. apart from a sports exhaust I think is pretty standard. 

Im no mechanic or expert, so I took a bit of a gamble… Had to have a new roof fitted and brakes sorted but apart from that the car seems solid… got some cosmetic issues, paint on the drivers door control trim / cover is totalled as is the finish on the storage cover above the radio (having reviewed some posts looks like strip and paint or buy some covers).  Only real issue is a problem with the drivers side window which although working is loose and rattles something chronic, I've already looked and failed to find anything similar in other posts so if anyone has links to posts or any suggestions then I’m all ears.

4a.jpg.d7bdbfe87c76196233ea44adedb0a5d8.jpg2a.jpg.e91439c05dce2bf523d2d619cbc45387.jpg

Thanks and take care all :D

Edited by StevenDay

Hi Steve, I'm a new owner too and although my window doesn't rattle (yet!) there is a lot of window noise above 50mph and the odd drop of water leaking through.

Did you find a solution by any chance? Thinking of replacing the weather strip but at £85 + VAT it would be nice to know it might work!

Thanks

16 minutes ago, Lisa Schaffer said:

Hi Steve, I'm a new owner too and although my window doesn't rattle (yet!) there is a lot of window noise above 50mph and the odd drop of water leaking through.

Did you find a solution by any chance? Thinking of replacing the weather strip but at £85 + VAT it would be nice to know it might work!

Thanks

Try recon the seal using 'Gummi Pflege Stift' from Germany. You can get them from Ebay for around £6 delivered. This stuff should soften the seals and improve the sealing. Worth a try before spending £85 + VAT.

23 hours ago, Lisa Schaffer said:

Thanks

Hi Lisa, sorry no, weather allowing I am going to open up the door panel tomorrow to inspect.