Gutted boot/trunk space in the 350z

I'm a pickle, Morty

Hey there,

I'm looking to buy a 350, but have been holding back for one major flaw for me. I need to be able to fit a bike bag in the boot. It's a case of whether or not gutting the interior will allow me the space, or if the rear brace will still be in the way.

Has anyone gutted the boot space, and if so, do you think it would fit a bag/box of 131/91/34 (cm)?

Hugely appreciate any advice for/against this decision. If not, I think a hatchback STi is the only other viable option!

• Like 1

I have taken my spare wheel out and used that space for extra storage. I have 10" wheels on the front and 11" on the rear so a space saver would pose more risk than benefit and I have extremely comprehensive breakdown cover so should the worst happen then I can call them and all will be good.

I have reinforced the floors with some wooden beams so as to keep the structural integrity of the main boot floor whilst opening up the spare wheel well for the storage of certain essentials such as tools, spare change of clothes/shoes (purely old sh!tty clothes should I get caught in a suit etc and need to carry out any maintenance or repairs) I also keep detailing kits and all sorts under there. Ill grab some pictures for you hopefully tomorrow in the light. I also have some rather large grip bags so will measure up and see what I can advise you on.

On 17/10/2017 at 19:39, Erni902 said:

I have taken my spare wheel out and used that space for extra storage. I have 10" wheels on the front and 11" on the rear so a space saver would pose more risk than benefit and I have extremely comprehensive breakdown cover so should the worst happen then I can call them and all will be good.

I have reinforced the floors with some wooden beams so as to keep the structural integrity of the main boot floor whilst opening up the spare wheel well for the storage of certain essentials such as tools, spare change of clothes/shoes (purely old sh!tty clothes should I get caught in a suit etc and need to carry out any maintenance or repairs) I also keep detailing kits and all sorts under there. Ill grab some pictures for you hopefully tomorrow in the light. I also have some rather large grip bags so will measure up and see what I can advise you on.

Thank you! I don't suppose you know what the measurement of the gap between the strut and the floor is?