Rear C Crossmember

01greeca

Evening all. I've tried searching here and elsewhere but due to the word crossmember having a 'c' in it, it seems impossible to find anything useful.

I recently had my 350z serviced at a Nissan garage after owning it for a couple of months. Amongst other bits, they've said that the 'Rear C Crossmember' is corroded and will need replacing soon. However, multiple searches have failed to find what this actually refers to. 

Would be extremely grateful if anybody could shed any light on which crossmember this is, and even more grateful if a part number is available.

Thanks in advance.

Carl

It will be more than likely what is k now as the W brace they tend to turn to dust. 

Heres a quick link to torqen. Other traders on here stock them too i.e. Tarmac Sportz, Zmanalex to name a few. Have a look and search in the traders section. :thumbs:

Edited by SHEZZA

Get a look underneath the car to check the condition of the w brace. 

Basically as a rule of thumb:

if its been on the car over 5 years it will need replacing. 

If the cars been used in the rain it will need replacing. 

If the cars been driven over the winter months it will definitely need replacing. 

If the car has spent any time on the coast you may struggld to find any of it still attached to the car. 

Ok the above is tounge in cheek but heres mine last year from 2008 car. 

E3BAC7B0-62B8-4051-B51C-992B6D8154D8.thumb.jpeg.d3c9189db579d698f9c3c458961112ef.jpeg

it was in decent shape by comparison to some, a sand down, hammerite primer, hammerite satin black, 2 coats por-15 and 2 coats of bilt hamber underseal later and it should be good for another few years fingers crossed. Just for reference i undersealed the whole car recently and there was hardly any rust/corrosion on rest of vehicle so it shows what a bad design the oem brace is.