Nismo V3 front bumper, undertray issue?

jamiebridge

I have just purchased a Nismo v3 rep from a member, it has already been fitted, so i know the fitment is fine. However i am aware these bumpers are longer than oem. 

What are my undertray options? Am i best off trying to extend it, or is there anything already out there to do so?

I dont want to remove the undertray fully, as i have heard horror stories of the arch liners ripping out at higher speeds.

thanks. 

Edited by jamiebridge

21 hours ago, buster said:

z speed undershield is adjustable to the front bumper...may help you.

https://www.tarmacsportz.co.uk/350z-zspeed-aluminum-undertrays.html

I still dont think it will be long enough as z speed do an extension for the v3 as well, but seems its only available in the US.

I think i will be best mocking it up at the weekend, checking out the size of the gap to extend the oem one, try to make a cardboard template and go from there.

I'm not sure what material to use though, maybe polypropylene sheet or something?

Edited by jamiebridge

1 hour ago, andy james said:

When I bought my genuine V3 from Tarmac Sportz it came with an alloy extension panel which joins the undertray to the back of the splitter to make up the difference.

May be worth a call to Chris to see if these are available separately.

Thanks Andy, I have seen those are available and have contacted to see if anyone has any. However, I may just try and make one myself. Roughly do you remember how big the gap is? Is it quite sizeable?

How did you get around the arch liners not being long enough? Any workaround for this, or just have to live with the fact that they don't tuck into the bumper?

1 hour ago, jamiebridge said:

Thanks Andy, I have seen those are available and have contacted to see if anyone has any. However, I may just try and make one myself. Roughly do you remember how big the gap is? Is it quite sizeable?

How did you get around the arch liners not being long enough? Any workaround for this, or just have to live with the fact that they don't tuck into the bumper?

Hi mate.

the gap between is quite large. Approximately 200mm.

i just made do with the existing wheel liners with the help of some black cable ties! My car sits very low so you can't see them to be honest.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, andy james said:

Hi mate.

the gap between is quite large. Approximately 200mm.

i just made do with the existing wheel liners with the help of some black cable ties! My car sits very low so you can't see them to be honest.

Ok brilliant, thanks for your help, 200mm is actually less than I expected and that gives me a rough guide on material lengths that I need.

Could I be a real pain and see a picture of your cable tied liners haha.

Thanks again.