370z Nismo Mk2 or Corvette C6??!!?

hmale4yu

I have been keeping an eager eye on a Nismos and looking to buy in the next couple of months; They seem to be hovering at the £28-30k mark second hand 2016 models with minimal miles on it

However I have recently come across this which has been on sale for a month or so (possibly longer).

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201607135824636?advertising-location=at_cars&radius=200&model=CORVETTE&make=CHEVROLET&sort=sponsored&onesearchad=Used&onesearchad=Nearly New&onesearchad=New&postcode=nw102ae&page=1

I have always had a soft spot for Corvettes but the new C7s are totally out of budget and the old classic (pre C5) ones will be high mileage, costly to maintain etc. This example is roughtly the same cost as a Nismo. What do you guys think? In terms of road presecence which one has it? I know interior wise the Nismo is far more modern. Also LHD auto (Vette) vs RHD manual (Nismo) which would be an easier to drive on UK roads in the South East? Im thinking with a wrap the C6 could be a looker.

Corvette, I assume you've already owned a 370 or 350? Get something different especially if you had a soft spot, are the prices raising or just stable? I'd imagine the 370 will be dropping so your money will be safer in the corvette 

24 minutes ago, Toon Chris said:

MPG appalling, power poor (for the size), wheels dubious, colour poor.  Street presence - different but meh.  AUTOMATIC - the killer.

Nismo all the way for me. 

If he's already owned a z in one flavour I don't see the nismo as something wow, it's nice but it's an upgrade if he wants something different..... Personal opinion, I love my z but I'd rather keep it and get something different than buy a better model, it's like owning a 330 and eyeing an m3 of course it's better but is it better enough? 

These are two completely different cars and no fair comparison can be given.

I have owned all the Zeds from 2003 up.

I have also owned numerous Vets including C5, C6 and ZO6.

Loved them all, but no comparison ever made.

The Vet wins the road presence dilemma all day long.

Remember that the Vet has leaf springs, however, that should not concern you as you appear to be more concerned about road presence.

Have yet to own a Z but test driven the 370 numerous times. Sat in the Nismo seen all colours in the flesh except silver. Looking to get the white one . Im pleased they all come fully loaded and no need to spec them up. Yea that vette isnt really the visually most eye catching example but low miles and has the LS3 engine. Im not sure whether it will be more of a head turner than the Nismo tbh ; the Nismo is v rare and turns more heads than a new TT or boxter. I would really position it in terms of road presence on the same level as an F type or 911 ( ok maybe until people notice the badge ha). I might check out the Vette next weekend and first noticed it on Ph/AT a couple of months ago.

As a weekend toy, the Vette would be appealing if it was a manual. As a daily, the LHD may become a bit of a ball ache... but I guess it depends how often you go to drive-throughs, multi-stories etc.

Is road presence the only thing you are looking for? £30k would just about get a 2015 Mustang which has a fair deal of presence and could be used daily... assuming you aren't worried about petrol cost.

32 minutes ago, Paddy78 said:

Surely the only thing missing for the UK is the Shelby GT350? I can't think of anything the US cars get which you couldn't easily remedy?

Limited body and interior colours, no sequential indicators, no dlrs, limited interior options

21 minutes ago, Ekona said:

Must have DRLs, they're a Euro requirement. Unless you mean they're sidelights rather than separate?

Tbh though I'm with Paddy, none of those would remotely figure in my reasons not to buy one at all.

But surely DRLs are mostest important thing in the world right? That's why every f***er retrofits them to 15 year old Corsas and the like, right?!

And sequential indicators; how can you survive without those, you philistine!

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, MDMetal said:

Limited body and interior colours, no sequential indicators, no dlrs, limited interior options

Not convinced you're right regarding the body or interior colours? You talked about a wrap on the vette, so easily fixed if you don't like the range available. Black leather is fine... Want drls and gimmicky indicators, buy an Audi. :)

1 hour ago, MDMetal said:

I'd rather buy an imported mustang was my point :p the previous gen mustangs can be picked up for better prices and often are tuned and upgraded :)

Why on earth would you buy an imported Mustang? It'll cost you more, then be LHD as well so all the downsides just so you can have a two-tone interior? You'd be far better off modding one bought in the UK.

And the previous gen Mustangs weren't actually very good cars. At all. I'll admit I prefer the looks of them to the current one, but in terms of everything that really matters the new one is far superior.

3 hours ago, Ekona said:

Why on earth would you buy an imported Mustang? It'll cost you more, then be LHD as well so all the downsides just so you can have a two-tone interior? You'd be far better off modding one bought in the UK.

And the previous gen Mustangs weren't actually very good cars. At all. I'll admit I prefer the looks of them to the current one, but in terms of everything that really matters the new one is far superior.

Agree about the prev gen mustang. Had one as a hire car in San Diego and it was a dog to drive. 

1 minute ago, Kev said:

I would never drive a corvette in the uk. I've never seen one where I didn't think the driver was a prick TBH. 

They look silly on uk roads and have a really poor image IMO.

Well, that's the worst reason not to buy a car I've seen yet. I mean, who would want a 2 seat icon with a 400bhp V8 that stands out from everything else on the roads? Not I! :lol:

Why did you think the driver of said Corvette/s was a prick then? Could it possibly have been that the guy was just a poor driver, and had nothing to do with the car?

19 minutes ago, Ekona said:

Well, that's the worst reason not to buy a car I've seen yet. I mean, who would want a 2 seat icon with a 400bhp V8 that stands out from everything else on the roads? Not I! :lol:

Why did you think the driver of said Corvette/s was a prick then? Could it possibly have been that the guy was just a poor driver, and had nothing to do with the car?

Who would want a plastic, lhd car in the uk? 

Most of the corvette drivers I've seen over here are fat, old guys with ponytails and fake tan. Hoping that average Joe will think they're in a Ferrari. 

I always get get the impression they buy them for the looks rather than performance. 

They look good in the us and suit their roads.......but they look totally pathetic on a wet, grey afternoon in the uk IMO.

I wouldn't be seen dead driving one over here. Just my opinion. 

8 minutes ago, Kev said:

Who would want a plastic, lhd car in the uk? 

Most of the corvette drivers I've seen over here are fat, old guys with ponytails and fake tan. Hoping that average Joe will think they're in a Ferrari. 

I always get get the impression they buy them for the looks rather than performance. 

They look good in the us and suit their roads.......but they look totally pathetic on a wet, grey afternoon in the uk IMO.

I wouldn't be seen dead driving one over here. Just my opinion. 

That's a bit dramatic.

Yes it's plastic, but that means it won't rust in our "exotic climate"

Furthermore, they are great cars, if you google their laptimes they are insane value. The reason they cost so much here is supply n demand, making them not popular as they aren't the best quality.

I would buy one for looks, they look epic. Seen 2 in my life in the UK - 13 years - Both times I was blown away and they roared past me.
Do they look pathetic in the wet on a grey afternoon in the US too? Thats a dumb point.

If they were RHD, I'd sooner buy one than a Mustang. IMO the LS series engines are much more favourable than Coyote. Simple, cheap/easy power and reliable!

5 minutes ago, Mikevv said:

That's a bit dramatic.

Yes it's plastic, but that means it won't rust in our "exotic climate"

Furthermore, they are great cars, if you google their laptimes they are insane value. The reason they cost so much here is supply n demand, making them not popular as they aren't the best quality.

I would buy one for looks, they look epic. Seen 2 in my life in the UK - 13 years - Both times I was blown away and they roared past me.
Do they look pathetic in the wet on a grey afternoon in the US too? Thats a dumb point.

If they were RHD, I'd sooner buy one than a Mustang. IMO the LS series engines are much more favourable than Coyote. Simple, cheap/easy power and reliable!

I'm not saying they are bad cars. I know they aren't. 

I just wouldn't have one over here. 

Thanks for the replies guys

I have always had a soft spot for Corvettes although its only recently that with my 30k budget that they have come bk in mind. I have seen the C6 in real life and its not as big as it people make out imo. Maybe the Z06 and Grand Sport versions with wider wheel arches but these are v v rare on UK roads. I am going to check out the C6 on sale but once I'm back from holiday (if its still there ha)

The 370z Nismo Mk2 really nails it stylistically though exterior&in and I feel that it really looks comparable to German rivals and would look a bit different in a good way down here in the South East