Coolant flush

Hey everybody =)

I was intending to flush and replace my coolant before it starts to get cold.  I have the necessary de-ionised water for the flush and some Fuchs Fricofin LL as replacement coolant which I intend to use at a 1:1 ratio with the water.

As always my preparation has been left to the last minute and as a noob I am finding that the guides I am able to find locate aren't super comprehensive, and I don't want to bugger anything up.  I've had a search of the forums but can't really find a lot of detail, and there aren't any decent youtube videos for the 350z.

Is anybody aware of a link to a suitably basic source such that even an idiot couldn't get it wrong? :lol:

Luke

If you follow your plan, then you are going to get yourself into all sorts of bother with airlocks.

If I was you I would just drain the radiator and refill with L248 which comes as a premix and is not expensive.

I would not drain or flush out the block.

image.jpeg.fab69cfc253ef769d74610a682e94e83.jpeg

Ah ok. I thought the airlocks were easyish to remove with the bleeder screw. Does stuff not build up that needs flushing out then? I thought it did, but if not then I'll get the different coolant as advised and just do the radiator. 

13 hours ago, ZMANALEX said:

If you follow your plan, then you are going to get yourself into all sorts of bother with airlocks.

If I was you I would just drain the radiator and refill with L248 which comes as a premix and is not expensive.

I would not drain or flush out the block.

image.jpeg.fab69cfc253ef769d74610a682e94e83.jpeg

Alex how would airlocks present them selves?  

In the form of overheating? 

If you overheat and lose or do not lose fluid then air will accumulate in the system.

Your heater may start to blow cold on low rpm.

Fix the overtemperature issue and bleed the system.

Fitting a coolant header makes kids play of the air lock issue.