Bluetooth module missing

Neil_87

It would appear these are often sold from the 350, or so i have read anyway. Which is my guess as to why my module is missing from the cradle in the center console. 

I have a 2007 GT, so I believe this should be standard. 

Is my best option to try and find a stock item (which I can't seem to) or go for something aftermarket to get hands free on the Z?

Also, i'd quite like to have a bluetooth music streaming option, which I have read is not supported on the Bose? I know there are options for a tap converter, but i remember the quality of those being pretty poor....

What do you guys do in today's world or tech as I have read a lot of post which are actually very old?

Search through the forum for the BOSE HACK which allows you to plug in an iPhone or the like. Otherwise you can get BT modules for around £80 used every now and again. Or just go for a new double din head unit/tablet - there are a fair few examples in the ICE section on the forum to get an idea of the brands/work involved.

As above, our zed can't stream via BT. It is mainly for making and answering phone calls. However, they are not very compatible with new smart phones, difficult to pair and connection not very stable. If you are handy with tools, soldering iron etc, you can have a go to fit an AUX cable -->

Next best thing is to replace the head unit completely with something more modern, Android ones are pretty good with plenty of apps.

Thanks for the replies guys, the BOSE hack did interest me while i was searching, but then i had in my mind i didn't really want to start changing the standard HU and if i was going to i might as well just buy one of the new HU where i could steam my google maps from my phone also. 

I don't have sat nav in mind so this would be helpful. Now you've said the bluetooth isn't very compatible with modern phones i think this is going to be the way forward. 

Would you guys recommend going for an actual android based HU or stick with a known brand like Alpine or Pioneer?

Cheers

Depends what you are comfortable with - I bought a £130 head unit for my old Celica, has hands free calls, music streaming, USB inputs etc. Others prefer the flexibility of an Android install and put tablets in. If you look in the ICE section and search build threads there are a fair few examples.

My Bluetooth module's not worked with my last 2 phones, it finds it but won't remain connected so in my opinion it's not worth sourcing one. I have the same woes and reluctantly settle for a retro Sony cassette Auxiliary in. I'll do the hack one day.

If you can hang on November 24th is the black friday sales - although not as good as they were a few years back a few head unit bargains to be had. I bought a JVC touch screen double din unit for £130 reduced from £399 which is all singing all dancing and does the trick for me.

I have one of this in since i own my zed 3 years ago. Still going strong :) https://www.ebay.co.uk/p/in-Car-Audio-Tape-Cassette-to-Jack-AUX-for-iPod-Mp3-iPhone-Converter-Adapter-UK/9002560570?iid=201949727238

However I'm not sure about the current rules, I think it will still be illegal to use your smart phone (to change music) whilst driving or waiting at traffic lights. Hence I never touch it even when my phone is on a windscreen mount to avoid getting a ticket.

Edited by veeg33