Clutch concentric slave has gone

Impressed

Anyone replaced the DMF with an SMF.

The price of a new DMF is ridiculous.

Any disadvantages with a SMF? I am not bothered about a bit of extra harshness or vibration as long as its not too ridiculous.

I imagine I will need this car for around 30k or 2-3 years before replacement. Anyone done that sort of mileage with a SMF on a HR?

Either way its going to be very expensive just wondering on your thoughts.

• 2 weeks later...

Had the car back a week now. I just wanted to live with it a while before commenting.

The uprated SMF kit ZX has supplied is superb. Its a bit heavier to press the pedal but the throttle connection and feel to the rear wheels is much better than stock. It also revs faster which seems to have corrected my judder starts that I have had from the car since 7K when I bought it. Being Single mass there can be a very slight bit of chatter from the drive chain but only at very low revs <1200 in-fact. Probably me just being lazy and probably I should not load the engine at these revs anyway. All in all if your clutch goes, this in my opinion is the way to go. I would also get the uprated CSC because as mentioned the hydraulic pressures are naturally higher being the clutch is more heavily sprung. If I am honest being a tight wad I went for this because it was considerably cheaper than the OEM, but I would regard it as superior anyway. However you might get a more muscular left leg, just like my more muscular right arm.............

Cheers ZX for the happy ending.........