Front handling issue - HELP please!!

Terryz350

Hi

After having my 350z (2008) for about 15 months I am now experiencing an unusual handling issue at the front

Every so often it feels like I have a flat tyre on the passenger side front (obviously I check the tyre pressure but its all ok)

I have recently had a puncture on this corner but changed it for a brand new Pirrelli P zero because the repair was not possible

It was that bad that I took it to a garage to check out the car with the front 2 wheels off - they said it was all ok

I have had the 4 wheel laser allignment carried out

I will get the new tyre rebalance

I am changing the other tyre on front drivers side to get a pair (same tread etc) and I am having the brake pads all replaced

because they are due and to see if this stops the issue

Now the dreaded question - IS THERE ANYTHING ELSE I SHOULD POTENTIALLY TAKE INTO ACCOUNT ?

# banana arm?

I have had a very good 15 months and havent spent anything on the car until now

I love the car but I need to solve this issue for my own peace of mind

any help / advice gratefully accepted

many thanks

Terry

You change only 1 side? what's the thread like on the other side? Also is it the same P Zero on the other side?

Change the other side too and I suspect it will fix the issue. Zeds seems to be very sensitive with mixing tyres (different make or different thread depth) especially on the same axle. Seen a few members here having some issue but resolve once they both tyres are matched.

Edited by veeg33

I cant imagine difference in tyre brand and tread depth would have such a drastic effect at lower speeds like you are describing if both are at normal pressures. Sounds to me like some sort of bushing/suspension issue, when on the move is moving around and causing this drag on one side?

Thank you for your replies

All the tyres will be the same on each axle once fitted - Pirellis on the front / Falkens on the back

And I will check the balance on front passenger tyre - all being fitted tomorrow

then brake pads all round and if its still doing it

I will have to investigate further - as mentioned that is what I thought maybe suspension bushes or Banana arm issues etc

Many thanks

Terry

Never ever ever fit different tyres on the same axle. Ever. I know you say you're getting it changed, but I do hope you mean like today and it's only a 30 second drive to the tyre place. It's incredibly dangerous to do so, and I'm disappointed the place that sold you the replacement didn't point this out,

Have you only had this issue since you had the puncture and changed the tyre? Not before?

1 hour ago, Ekona said:

Never ever ever fit different tyres on the same axle. Ever. I know you say you're getting it changed, but I do hope you mean like today and it's only a 30 second drive to the tyre place. It's incredibly dangerous to do so, and I'm disappointed the place that sold you the replacement didn't point this out,

Have you only had this issue since you had the puncture and changed the tyre? Not before?

Everyone I know who ran different tyres on their car for more than a day has died in a fiery ball of flames ;) 

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...

check all the bushes. Banana arm usually gives a clunk when going over bumps or braking if shot.

Bottom shock mount bushes can give weird movements if failed.

Top arm bushes the same.

Sounds like something is moving when it shouldn`t.

Jack it up, wheel off and look for cracked/split rubber on all the mounting points.