Custom Made Z Logo Wheel Centre Caps

cs2000

Hi all,

This all started just over a year ago now when I purchased my lovely Japan Racing wheels from Chris over at Tarmac Sportz. The wheel came with centre caps with the JR logo on, however after a year of abuse from the sun, the colours on the badge had faded and changed horribly, so I started searching for replacements.

I know what design I had in mind. I wanted the Z logo in silver (shiny like chrome)  on a black or subtle carbon fibre effect background, this is when all the trouble started! As the Z logo is technically a trademark, nowhere would play ball, literally spoke to at least 8 well known companies including places like Demon Graphics (a sister company of Demon Plates) and was getting door after door shut on me.

So, after speaking to many companies, I found one who would co-operate with me, i sent them my design files and all was good, so this is what I received!

IMG_8792-L.jpg

IMG_8793-L.jpg

IMG_8794-L.jpg

IMG_8795-L.jpg

The only issue was that (as you can see) the company don’t do tiny orders, so I couldn’t just order the 4 I wanted, I had to order more than I wanted due to a minimum quantity requirement, so I have some spares which I’m offering for sale.

What you will actually get in the package is 5 of these domed gel resin type badges to be applied to your existing wheel centre caps.

They are 49mm in diameter and obviously you will need to check that these will fit into your centre caps. 49mm was perfect for my size. I’m including 5 so you have 4 to apply and 1 spare in case you mess it up!

What I have available currently is the following.

4x Black background sets
5x Carbon effect sets

And some photos of them applied onto my JR wheels, much better looking now!

IMG_8790-L.jpg

IMG_8791-L.jpg

IMG_8796-L.jpg

IMG_8797-L.jpg

Total price I’m asking for is £10 Inc. of postage.

If there's demand for larger sizes and different designes then i can always fire up Photoshop and whip something up, but for now I’m just looking at selling off my excess order. But add a comment if you did want anything different. I’d only need 2 or 3 people to want the same size and design, I’d then whip something up and get that design for sale.

Thanks all, Chris.

Edited by cs2000

Like I said in the topic, if there’s demand, I’m willing to get other sizes and colours.

Specefically, lets say if 2-3 people are interested in the same size and design, I’m happy to photoshop something up and get some purchased which will then be available for everyone else to buy too.

Cheers mate, no dramas. I would personally only be interested in orange ones which I suspect not alot of other people would be haha. Would also be kind of overkill for me to get enough to fit to 10 sets of wheels lmao.

If I was to PM you a different design would you be able to see if you can work some photoshop magic and let me see the outcome? I may be able to get a fair few shifted over on the VR-4 forum with the VR-4 logo on.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 10/02/2018 at 14:43, cs2000 said:

Hey @Flashback Let me know what the outcome is. You actually use your own centre caps, these are just replacent inserts (the stickers that have the JR Logo on them).

as long as it’s the same diameter then it will be fine 

Hi @cs2000 mine seem to be something more like 65-67mm diameter, so much larger than the ones you have, so probably a bit of a no go right now.

Shame, sorry mate. The interest for these is quite small and so doesn't make sense for me to hold stock in 3/4 different sizes. I still have all of the ones I made originally for me! lol

If I could actually make them "in-house" then it wouldn't be a problem, but I don't know how to do that.

Edited by cs2000

Still got 3 of the standard blacks and 5 carbon sets remaining, price reduced to £10 as it seems like the size I ordered is quote specific, just need them gone :)

I can bring to Japfest, and these are fitted to my car if anyone wants to see them.