Upgrading Suspension - Recommendations?

m4nn13

Just planning my next mod and has to be suspension as ive always thought the zed needs to be a little lower (my OH thinks I'm insane as "it's low enough" but is there ever REALLY a "low enough " look :D).

Anyway, has anyone used this Driftworks package that I just came across: https://www.driftworks.com/nissan-350z-handling-pack.html

I've got 2 wheel sets at the moment so hoping I can get both to work with one suspension setup:

Standard 18" rays and Bridgestone potenzas with the option of adding 25mm front and 30mm rear spacers.

JR6 

Fronts 18x9.5 et22 

Tyre 225/45

Rears 18x10.5 et25

Tyre 285/35

Car will not be tracked but I get the vibe coilovers are better than just springs and are obviously adjustable so I can change height if and when needed.

Hopefully someone can advise something that may be suitable!

Edited by m4nn13

After what happened to Andy James front camber arm at trax on Sunday I wouldn't recommend the drift works ones , as one fell apart whilst he was on track at over a ton :scare: though as you say your not tracking so maybe ok for road use, but I know he's lost confidence in them. 

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, SHEZZA said:

After what happened to Andy James front camber arm at trax on Sunday I wouldn't recommend the drift works ones , as one fell apart whilst he was on track at over a ton :scare: though as you say your not tracking so maybe ok for road use, but I know he's lost confidence in them. 

Wow! That's not good hope he was ok! Yea the car won't be tracked but still don't want something that's gonna potentially fall apart! Cheers for the heads up :)

• 3 weeks later...
18 hours ago, valy said:

AirLift 3P FTW :D

It all depends on your budget figure....

Ha! Yea If I had the dosh id love air but defo no air for me yet!

Budget i'd say £500 - £800, but could push £1000 if it would make a huge difference in end results. 

• 2 weeks later...

So many kits! :wacko:

So when looking at things like the tein street basis vs twin flex z, is the twin flex actually worth twice the dosh? 

Or, with the ark performance, are you paying for the name or is it actually worth three times the price of the street basis (I've got the ark grip exhaust and it is amazing so I'm guessing it is worth it but not sure how hight their suspension is rated).

Sorry for questions but I want to get it right first time and as mentioned before I do t really want to spend £800 on an "ok" system when I could spend £1000 on a really great system!

Edited by m4nn13