350z doors are locked shut

Bradrz_p191

Hi there 

couple weeks back I went to unlock my car and the key fob didn’t work so I initially thought it’s the fob battery ( bought 2 new ones ) replaces them.... still nothing... tried the key in the barrel, doesn’t open the drives door!!

i eventually had to smash my window to get into the car..... once inside I tried to unlock the doors with the master lock/unlock button.... that didn’t work tried the manual unlock by the leave .... nothing.... it’s like it’s lost its live feed or something along them lines so I put the key in the ignition and the car started up first time just doors wouldn’t open ( that’s the battery rules out ) 

can any body give me some advice on how to sort this please been researching for couple weeks and everything Iv tried  hasn’t worked 

I would check all the fuses first - then you need to get the door handle apart and start checking to see if power is getting to the switches, there is an online manual on the forum somewhere and that has the wiring pinouts and power feeds you need to look for.

Good luck :thumbs:

Edited by Keyser

The driver side door unlocks both mechanically and electrically while the passenger door only unlocks electrically.  The passenger door unlocks the second time you turn the key to the unlock position within 5 seconds.  I'm assuming you tried this when you first discovered the problem.

Both side windows should lower if you hold down the unlock button on the remote fob or hold the key in the door lock to the unlocked position.  I hope you tried that before smashing the window.

6 hours ago, karlh said:

Both side windows should lower if you hold down the unlock button on the remote fob or hold the key in the door lock to the unlocked position. 

Really? I've seen this on American Z's on YT but this doesn't work on mine.

• 4 weeks later...