Newbie Brake Questions!

ManxZed

I've just recently bought my first Zed and am in the process of registering it in the Isle of Man, to do so it has to pass a one off test which is slightly stricter than an MOT (car just passed MOT in June, no advisories). It failed on a couple of brake issues (& a broken exhaust bracket!).  It's a 2006 DE GT pack with Brembos. 

Firstly both front 'transverse metal brake pipes' are heavily pitted and corroded & need replacing. I was thinking of putting braided hoses on anyway, do any sets replace these pipes as well as the hoses or will I need to replace them as well? Any recommendations? 

One of the brake discs (axle 2, rear) is also classed as heavily pitted and corroded and needs replacing.  Can't afford all 4 corners at the moment not sure whether to stick with the Brembos for now and upgrade all in the future or upgrade rears now and fronts when I can afford? 

I've searched the forum and can't find the answer, apologies if I'm searching for the wrong phrases! Many Thanks for any answers.

If they are what I think they are the Metal brake pipes on mine were coroded and my garage replaced them with some copper pipes so they shouldnt corrode as badly as before. (the pipe that connects the top of the caliper to the bottom). The calipers are brembo but the brake discs arent (to my knowledge) So find a set of brake discs desgined to fit the brembos, check some of the traders on here like torqen or others and they tend to say if the brake disc is brembo or non brembo fit and also if its front or rear as the discs differ.

Hope ive been a little bit of help.

Thanks Redsky. The description they used was 'brake pipes to both front flexi pipes', not sure if they're the same? Think there may be a connector between the calliper and hoses, think I saw something on here about it being included in some braided hose kits and not others, can't find it again now though! Lol! 

Sorry I think my description was off, I guess I was more curious whether it was adviseable to run different discs front and rear or if I should stick with the same to get car through the test and save up for a full set in the future?

• 4 weeks later...