Transmission bush/mount replacement

andy james

Looking to reduce rear wheel tramp,tighter gearbox feel and want to go for a hardrace mount which I believe is a step forward from OEM but not as radical as a solid mount.

Been doing some research and have read very mixed opinions regarding noise,vibration but also positive improvements on removing the sloppiness between engine and diff.

i already have a fairly loud car, harder coilovers and a plated diff so am not adverse to noises that are not Wafty Lexus! 

Any feedback would be appreciated.

IMG_0372.JPG

You really should consider going solid on the diff bushings as well as the hardened rubber gearbox mount.

The majority of your wheel hop will be the soft diff bushings

These solid diff bushings will totally transform your car from"hop-hop-hop-hook" to just a squat and hook.

49 minutes ago, ZMANALEX said:

You really should consider going solid on the diff bushings as well as the hardened rubber gearbox mount.

The majority of your wheel hop will be the soft diff bushings

These solid diff bushings will totally transform your car from"hop-hop-hop-hook" to just a squat and hook.

Thanks Alex. I already have White line bushes on the Diff which I have to say has made the wheel hopping  worse so I'm hoping the  hardrace mount  will help me on launch.

12 hours ago, ZMANALEX said:

Nah, with the power of your car the Whiteline are pish.

OK for N/A but no good for FI.

Get the solids in.

I also bet that the Whiteline bushings on the diff ears are fitted the wrong way round. ;)

Cheers for that Alex. Will check out the bushes.