350z driver side front bottom arm - any good garages in Leeds?

ally

Hi all,

Firstly...Hi! I'm new to the forum. I've owned by 350z for seven years and I love it. It's still just as good as the day I bought it...

...well, until today. it's the first time it's failed it's MOT or had anything really go wrong with it / need a part replacing (it's a 2005 reg with 45k miles). So, I feel like I've done well.

It failed it's MOT on it's driver side front bottom arm. It was MOT'd by Kiwk Fit, who have quoted me £400+ to replace (+ £50 tracking). This felt like a lot, so a car dealer friend looked into it and said he felt it should be an aprox. £200 job? Maybe he's being a bit optimistic, I'm not sure....I wouldn't have minded paying a little more for the hassle of just getting it done there and then. But nearly £500 all in seemed like a lot more than it should have been. 

So...I'm on the lookout for a trusted place in Leeds where I can get the work done. Would be really grateful if anyone could give me some recommendations on where to try.

Thanks loads in advance :)

Ally

Hi Mate, Welcome.

They'll be sourcing the part from Nissan and the price is mental. Have a word with one of the traders on here, there's a few selling after market arms these days and they're more than up to the job. I've got some installed on mine and I'm definitely not the only one. The banana arms, professionally known as the lower compression arms i believe  are notorious for short life, either the  bushes or the ball joint. Source the bits from here and get your local garage to fit and you'll find your bill halved i rekon.

Hopefully that helps.

• Like 2