Koukicuda S14A, 350z handmedowns.

evilscorp

So I thought I might start a proper build thread for this car since sxoc wont let me start one without forking out for a forum I don't really use.

So at the moment the car is a boggo standard 1999 200sx with some poor weld repairs to the sills, bit of rust here and there and a low milage sr20det.

The aim:Nissan-200SX-mit-Rocket-Bunny-BOSS-Kit-V

with my spare VQ35DE and some other 350z spare parts;wheels, front brembos etc...

So far the jobs have been stripping the car for welding up the holes and prep for respray in original emerald green (with a stripe or something down the upper side of the car) and a full underseal.

21616311_10159387878065441_2611889856416

I was expecting the worst under the sound deadening but to my surprise!

21616196_10159387878155441_6751660792623

It wasn't that bad, just a hole under the accelerator pedal which will need cut out and welded, but its going to be tricky to remove that sound deadening and the fuse box might get in the way ;-/

I have a full suspension ready to go on the car but sadly there is an immobile 350z in the garage on axle stands waiting for new brakes.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, valy said:

oh wow ... that sounds very interesting :scare: I like the finish article you are aiming for 

are you still doing the Zed as well right?

Yeah, just waiting on brakes from torqen as my new wheels don't fit, i knew they wouldn't and had originally gone for ksport brakes but they sent me diagrams that were wrong which I gave to the wheel manufacturer. Kinda raging but thankfully torqen bbk fits so no big deal.

The rest of the issues or things on the 350z I have not comment, i should be working on it but i chop and change between the two now lol.

14 hours ago, evilscorp said:

Yeah, just waiting on brakes from torqen as my new wheels don't fit, i knew they wouldn't and had originally gone for ksport brakes but they sent me diagrams that were wrong which I gave to the wheel manufacturer. Kinda raging but thankfully torqen bbk fits so no big deal.

The rest of the issues or things on the 350z I have not comment, i should be working on it but i chop and change between the two now lol.

Are you sure they fit? :lol:  Just hope for the best! :lol::lol: 

14 hours ago, valy said:

this made me curious for what sort of prices these go....to my surprise I couldn't even find one for sale....?! :surrender:

are they that rare?

It's just an 200sx s14 with a rocket bunny boss kit. But as above prices are going up quickly as most have been trashed drifting or killed by tin worm. Not bothered about ripping this apart as it's an auto which isn't as popular. Part of me would like some turbo noise for a while and I have a spare front mount laying about so I may play with this engine for a bit before the swap.

3 hours ago, evilscorp said:

It's just an 200sx s14 with a rocket bunny boss kit. But as above prices are going up quickly as most have been trashed drifting or killed by tin worm. Not bothered about ripping this apart as it's an auto which isn't as popular. Part of me would like some turbo noise for a while and I have a spare front mount laying about so I may play with this engine for a bit before the swap.

thanks,just had a look and it all makes sense now on the Greddy site

https://shopgreddy-com.myshopify.com/products/17020300

probably the best rocket bunny/transformation on a car :thumbs:

On 19/09/2017 at 16:41, evilscorp said:

So I thought I might start a proper build thread for this car since sxoc wont let me start one without supporting a forum that no doubt Ill need some technical advice from at some point

Fixed that one for you mate ;) 

Always said an S chassis with a VQ and gearbox would be a great combination, looking forward to seeing this progress :) 

• 2 weeks later...

Attempt at battery tray removal... half out, the other half needs a new dremel blade :yawn:

22196153_10159445500640441_8980134309604

22195283_10159445500520441_4268970064356

22140790_10159445500630441_9649345962674

The plan was to wait and swap the spare vq in but I have a spare intercooler and you can buy pipework for the install of a fmic.... 

The battery will be relocated to the boot, just waiting on wires being delivered and a new battery box.

Edited by evilscorp

• 1 month later...

Yeah an rb26 would be epic but pricey these days :surrender:

Trying to do this on a budget of 7K, parts wise all I should need is some nice mesh for the grill,paint,£130 ebay intercooler pipework, new steering wheel,horsham stage 1 chip, and maybe a spare CD001/9 gearbox. If the funds allow it I will get a CD999 gearstick relocation kit otherwise its cut and weld the oem item.

Not sure why my facebook pics arn't showing now.

automatic car so yeah, boss kit is a rep :yuck:but needs must for a daily and respray will be done in house :lol: 

Can't spend mega bucks on two projects, but i am practicing my painting skills on the 350z... not too great so far lol.

Edited by evilscorp

1 hour ago, Cimanu said:

These poor things are really showing their age now, just so rusty.

I was between an S14 and DC2 when I was 19.. went for the DC2 in the end.. which are also old and rusty now or a million pounds.

Yeah, such a shame, UK salty roads that do it and poor under coating I think.

Half of me wants to restore it.... but the other half with the silly hat on usually wins.