HR Auxiliary Belt

Dave6188

So last year when my car was being serviced the garage called to say the old auxiliary belt was cracked so could they fit a new one, of course I said yes. Just over a year down the line and roughly 5k miles later the belt is knackered and completely tangled itself around every pulley, I unravelled the mess which took a good 2hrs ! 

Ordered a new Gates belt from ICP which they said is a 7PK2060 which is correct for the car and fitted it no problem. The belt the garage fitted was a 7PK2061 could this have been why it frayed and tangled itself up in everything due to being the incorrect size ? 

Popped on the Gates website and it says the correct belt for the HR is a 7PK2056 ! Gates don't actually make a belt that size though. So I spoke to a few traders which are known on here who said go for a 7PK2053 ! 

What is the correct size belt please ? 

Garage are saying it's not their fault and can'tunderstand why it has happened.

Any help appreciated. 

Gates belts have a lifetime guarantee.

The HR has a self-adjusting mechanism so it is imperative that the correct length of belt is fitted.

I can't remember the exact length of belt, so best to go with genuine Nissan and once fitted the tension notches will fall into alignment.

However, you may have an underlying fault which has caused the belt to shred, so best to get this fixed first.

If you want to go Gates 2053, CMS have them in stock:  http://www.clarkmotorsport.net/parts/Alternator-Drive-Belt/7PK2053

Thanks for the response Alex, I spoke to Ewan at Clark Motorsport who said it should be a 7PK2053, the belt he recommends and the belt the garage fitted there is a difference of 8mm in length which could have caused the issue due to the belt being too long and not tensioned correctly. 

When I fitted the new belt I checked all of the pulleys for play and only thing I noticed was the ribbed idler pulley spun slightly slower than the others and showed a bit more resistance so for peace of mind I will change it if I can ever find one ! 

Edited by Dave6188