THE BIG 50 IS COMING

Steve Burns

Ok guys I'm going to give you the heads up.

As National Event Organiser for our club I made contact with Steve Burns who as you know is a Z legend to support the Zclub in any way we can to make the 50th anniversary a success with all the Z models in attendance with a parade lap.

The idea they have is to attend the Silverstone Classic next year which is over the three days 26/27/28 July. 

As you some of you may know this event is huge,possibly on par with the festivals at Goodwood.

Many  hotels are already booked up in anticipation.

As I mentioned before I have offered our support in this event but at this time there  are no final details. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 08/08/2018 at 14:10, Mr P said:

The SXOC hired Rockingham for a track day weekend last year that wasn’t overly expensive to attend. Might be worth investigating? 

Rockingham is closed for track/motorsport events from the end of this year as far as I know?

I think it is going to become a test track?

• 4 weeks later...

Seeing as it's the 50th anniversary which is an amazing milestone, could we get Nissan involved too? The new zed is just around the corner (being debuted at the Tokyo motor show 2019) i believe.  If they were to bring their promotional stand, staff and their collection of  zed cars, how epic would that be?  

6 hours ago, Justthejedi said:

Seeing as it's the 50th anniversary which is an amazing milestone, could we get Nissan involved too? The new zed is just around the corner (being debuted at the Tokyo motor show 2019) i believe.  If they were to bring their promotional stand, staff and their collection of  zed cars, how epic would that be?  

No! don't invite Nissan. They might persuade me to get my wallet out for a new Z....

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 06/11/2018 at 15:54, Justthejedi said:

I can arrange that. 

Who's the organiser / representative from the forum? Please send me a PM.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Nso93 said:

Andy James is organising 

Thanks Nathan but I wish that was the case.

This event at the Silverstone Classic is driven by the 240z club which in fairness is the anniversary of their car. I have offered our support in this event but as of yet I have had no firm confirmation of a multiple Z car stand,support from nissan and a potential parade lap. 

As we all drive post millennium Z cars we can only play a part in the time line of the models celebration.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...