Water leak under door strip '06 Roadster

Mibe

*EDIT* Ah just seen I've accidentally posted it under 'servicing'.. Can't seem to move this myself so if a mod sees this, please move to the appropriate place, sorry!

Hi guys, 

I've got a little bit of a problem and I can't seem to find a solution. I can remember seeing something like a Nissan technical bulletin with a description of how to put some sort of black sealant in the rubber where the A pillar and the roof meet, but I can't find it anymore!

My car never really leaked (and has been outside for the last two years) until I noticed water dripping in from under the plastic door strip while sitting in the parked car in heavy rain last week. Today I found a puddle of water in the footwell of the drivers/left side (LHD car) after heavy rainfall last night so it is definitely leaking!

Seems that the water is coming in from where my finger is (or a bit higher up in the seal), then runs down on the inside of the seal until it meets the plastic inside door panel and then drips into the rubber door seal where it overflows into the interior of the car.

It's a 2006 LHD 350Z Roadster, so it's leaking on the drivers side/left footwell of the car!

I've tried searching the forums for similar topics on leaking roofs, but most searches for leaks get me oil leak problems (which I don't have, yet!) or pictures have been deleted or are not visible which makes it hard to figure out if it is actually the same point of the leak. 

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

20170909_110708.jpg

20170909_110713.jpg

20170909_110725.jpg

20170909_121656.jpg

Edited by Mibe
wrong section

• 2 years later...

Sadly I did not, I emigrated shortly after this happened and sold the 350Z. 

I have to say though that it did seem to only leak intermittently. Had it once real bad, a couple of times a little bit as seen in the picture. 

This was in September 2017 and I sold in March 2018 and after cleaning all the seals and realigning them it seemed to have stopped. 

In the end I think it originated from the seal of the roof to windscreen which had tiny cracks in it as can be seen in the pictures so I was planning to just get all the seals replaced. 

Hope you get it sorted! 

Edit : just seen you've got the same issue on a coupe, definitely not the roof to windscreen seal then! ;)

Edited by Mibe