Thoughts on this particular 370Z/advice needed

SeeNoWeevil

Went to look at a pearl white GT edition this morning, very nice but a few things put me off.

1. The paint match between plastics and metal was quite poor, especially on the front bumper, is this normal? The front bumper had what appeared to be overspray on the black insert, but no visible signs of damage looking down behind the bumper.

sPTrNvu.png

hBWrCeY.png

2. It seems like it was registered to a dealer initially, ex-demo?

7aW3TZc.png

Thanks chaps

Edited by SeeNoWeevil

Overs pray - if it is and not just badly cleaned cutting compound from a quick polish - may be the result of a quick blow over to hide stone chips rather than any damage - have a look behind the bumper where possible for stressed plastic and clips etc - check the bonnet and wing shut lines as well :thumbs:

Paint match plastic to metal and bonnet (ally) to wings (mild steel) to bumpers (plastic) is a thing with Zed's in general more so I think on the 350's

What's the mileage BTW?

May well have been a demo car - not necessarily a bad thing - check the service history.

Is the price right????

The paint match on white 370Zs between the body and bumpers can vary greatly.  As Keyser said - apparently, it's due to them being plastic v metal, pearl, and painted in different locations in the factory.   The first of my three 370s was white and had a really bad rear body to bumper match.  The bumper looked a dirty cream colour, especially on a dull day.  My Nismo was much better but a good body shop that repainted both bumpers on different occasions achieved an almost perfect match, so it can be done.

Don't be automatically put off by the car being an ex demonstrator.   Two of my three were ex-demos and they were great.  A private owner can abuse a car just as easily.  

I agree with Keyser that the marks could be residue from polish etc.  If not, looks like a shoddy repaint.

One other thing to be aware of about the pearl white - it is a very nice colour, but it is very difficult for bodyshops to match if you get a ding.  I had to have my whole front bumper resprayed when I got a one inch scratch on it because of this.  It's a three stage finish with an intermediate coat of pearl, which every bodyshop I spoke to said was the hardest finish to blend.  I wouldn't personally go for a pearl paint in future (my Merc is white but not pearl).   

Edited by sipar69