Jetpilot

What would you choose.

37 posts in this topic

Wasso    2,218

Ultima - that's my next step and I'd be pushing for that if I was you.  You clearly want something road and track, so that rules out a Radical.

I've heard and seen that the Ultima is very noisy..... although V8 and weighing next to nothing is a huge attraction and equally has some decent down force.

• Like 1

Jetpilot    2,097

Sorry as elsewhere in here, i have zero interest in Porshces or Audis.

Personally i dont think you can define "fun", yes i enjoy a rwd manual but i cant say i would have less fun in say a Gtr, just a different type of fun, much the same from my fi'd 350 to my Vx220. I also dont share the same definition of rwd, na, manual as being the pinnacle of motoring, if i can change gear quicker with paddles, great in my book, if it was purity i was after, i would just get a Caterham. I do agree though i would probably enjoy the M3 much more on track for those very reason over the A45, but i dont think i would have less fun.

1M is a good shout, but when you can buy what you have for a fraction of the cost with 99% of the performance, i just couldnt justify the outlay.

However, sorry to say Sipar there isnt a chance in hell i would spend £40k on an A45, if the budget is at £40k its going to be an Ultima or Nissan but thank you very much for the offer of a pm :) I do really need to get a drive in one, the problem is, its only ever going to be a dealer car on the road, hopefully that will at least provide some feedback and feeling for what it would be like own and drive on track.

I very much like the idea of an Ultima although i think you would tire quickly of using it on the road, lack of windows/power steering etc, there is a dude locally selling one so may make a polite phone call and see is we would have a chat.

Edited by Jetpilot

sipar69    1,153

Fair play bud. :) Horses for courses.  I'm happy with what I got for the money.  One big thing I've learnt from my experience is that you can still have an awful lot of fun in a car with auto box and 4wd.  Different kind of fun to a manual/RWD but still fun. 

Wasso    2,218

I tried 3 times to get a drive in the Ultima. A track experience cat thing, somewhere near Bedford but each time it was scheduled it was cancelled due to technical issues with the car.

I also believe building the Ultima plays a good part towards me experience.

coldel    3,027

2018 Mustang? (or is that out of price? cannot be bothered to check!)

coldel    3,027

:lol: actually a quick google of Mustang Track Car pops this up, looks pretty cool actually!

maxresdefault.jpg

coldel    3,027

Ah, buy your E92 but if you ever get overtaken by a Mustang on track you must hang your head in shame and remember I was right :lol:

TWR VXR8 with money left over to blow on many things for it?

(just trying to think outside the obvious..!)

Kev    156

E92 are starting to look very dated, especially inside. 

Some nasty engine issues beginning to become common to add to the throttle actuator and other issues. 

Biggest problem is is they feel slow on the road, they really need to be rev'd to access the performance. Great on track but not on the road. 

M2's are currently shedding value like dandruff after the announcement of the engine change/upgrade next year. Look good value now. 

Jetpilot    2,097

An E92 is a better car in every single way and as above, i had a 350z, vx220, i am not in slightest bit worried about dated looks and as for being slow i disagree and with an ess charger kit, it certainly wouldnt be that at 600+ bhp.

Kev    156
3 minutes ago, Jetpilot said:

An E92 is a better car in every single way and as above, i had a 350z, vx220, i am not in slightest bit worried about dated looks and as for being slow i disagree and with an ess charger kit, it certainly wouldnt be that at 600+ bhp.

Fair play if you're going that route. A lot do which kinda backs up my point. As standard they're not quick for everyday use. They do feel slow on the road compared to modern, 4wd, turbo hatchbacks. Or even a tuned 335i. It's all at the top end. 

Sound epic pic with a Akrapovic exhaust though and the DCT gearbox is awesome. 

I enjoyed my my brief stint in one. Hammered me in company car tax though. 

• Like 1