Just sold my 370z

busa1300

Very nice! I'm still a bit challenged on the styling lol How does it compare then? Does the pace feel ...the same, more? (less...although I doubt that) I ask this out of curiosity as despite the hot hatch revolution and the 0-60 times being mental, I have 'met' a new Focus RS and right to the top end, in-gear, there ...not so 'hyper'. Although this was outright pace, I'm sure I'd be left flailing on a track lol. 

Does the civic feel agile round corners or have you been able to get a good idea of it yet? Certainly looks like it can deliver the business! 

Edited by AMT

Hi the 370z seems to have a bit more low down grunt but after about 3k the type R feels quicker, handling feels very neutral with no under steer or over steer.

The steering is very sharp and with 3 driving modes you can go from  a comfy daily drive to a track car. 

• Like 1

Did you test drive one prior to buying or did you risk it for a biscuit? lol And did you consider or try any other cars?

Z's a dinosaur now compared to the hot/hyper hatches, all with more  power, quicker, better fuel and cheaper to run. Seems to be more of a hatch thing happening just now than sports cars, doesn't seem to be as many now.  To the point I'm considering in the next couple of year changing to some sort of fast GT/2 door (even though I hate 2 door versions of 4 door things). Possibly look into used Q60 3.0's in the future, not the best for handling but a bargain powerhouse perhaps if the depreciation follows the norm. 

Someone I know has just bought a new Focus RS, I've still to ask to be taken a run to see what its like lol 

I have had a FN2 so I knew how Honda's drive but I took a chance on the FK8, I thought about the RS which is very fast  but with seats that are uncomfortable a ten year old looking interior, extra weight with the AWD and heavy steering and hard suspension 

the type R was just what i wanted, i know the looks are a marmite thing but i love it, take one for a test drive you never know you might like it :)

Edited by busa1300

I thought the last two were a little Buck Rogers but this takes the prize for being well and truly out there as a 70s space wagon.

I love Honda and have owned most type Rs, I'm afraid this though goes beyond the ugly stick for me and I wouldn't be seen dead in one its definately marmite your right.

I'm sure it's superb once your inside though :)

Edited by Zeezeebaba

6 hours ago, davey_83 said:

Only jel as it would smoke anything on his ;)

That's the sort of thing my 10 year old daughter would say.

Back in the adult world we are all entitled to an opinion. I'm gutted as a huge Honda fan they have decided to persist with this uncohesive design philosophy, as a driving machine I'm sure it will hold up the high standards both in drivabilty and reliability Honda excel at. As an ownership proposition it will he great for the OP, the looks are indeed marmite as he stated and I'm on the other side of the fence. Just being honest.

Edited by Zeezeebaba

I'm undecided on the looks, I don't think it looks great but on the other hand it's not bad and I'd certainly feel happy with one sat on my drive,  I do think the previous model looked much better.

Lovely car to drive and plenty of power, however engine lacks character and sounds boring even with full exhaust etc.

Bit of a marmite car like you say, personally I'd rather the Focus RS but I'd not say no to one of these.

Would be interesting to see how it fairs up with my CP320 ST, a more old school hatch with bags of torque and less technology.

10 hours ago, Zeezeebaba said:

That's the sort of thing my 10 year old daughter would say.

Back in the adult world we are all entitled to an opinion. I'm gutted as a huge Honda fan they have decided to persist with this uncohesive design philosophy, as a driving machine I'm sure it will hold up the high standards both in drivabilty and reliability Honda excel at. As an ownership proposition it will he great for the OP, the looks are indeed marmite as he stated and I'm on the other side of the fence. Just being honest.

I was joking......