Meguiars Headlight Restore 2 Step Kit

KurtB

Hi,

My headlights had been starting to look a bit dull for a while, so I looked into these kits you can get. A lot of people mentioned needing sealing to stop them fading again quickly, which a lot of kits don't seem to have. 

I found this Meguiars kit the other day which had some with it. As my headlights weren't too bad i first wanted to try a softer method before using the usual wet paper on them.

This is how they turned out. They seemed to do a good job. The spray bottle reckons it will last up to a year before they need re-doing. As we don't get much sunshine here and we are now heading into winter i'm hoping that they do last! I will let you know how they are looking in a few months time!

Kit.jpg

Before.jpg

After.jpg

• Like 2

If people's headlights are pretty far gone perhaps this kit may not be suitable. Although if like mine you just want to give fairly ok headlights a tidy up, this kit works well. Excuse the bad photos it's hard to capture the difference on a naff phone :lol:

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi, bit of a late reply as I haven't been on here for a few weeks! I believe the coating provides UV protection although I will have to wait and see. After 6 weeks it still looks how it did the day I did it.

On 10/2/2017 at 18:25, JakeHardy2011 said:

Looks great! Does it contain any sort of UV protection in the new coating? 

• 3 months later...

I have the original kit they done with the plastic x stuff and the drill polisher attachment. Have to say though a similar machine polisher attachment and some t cut can achieve the same finish. Work3d wonders on my clio 182 and my last 350z

Worked well for me when I tried it, apart from the small paint run I put on the headlight because I didn't know what I was doing, and the outline of the masking tape which still to this day can be seen around my headlights :lol:

• 2 months later...