Group Drifting & Over Grip Limit Handling - Sunday 22nd October 2017

CAT@CAT

Learn the secrets of over limit handling using your car and our Caterham 7.

A 5.5 hour experience for 4 owners covering the building blocks of vehicle control at grip limit.

A fast moving sideways experience. Designed to build on the skills learnt on the Performance and Cornering Masterclass club days or as an introduction to the techniques of over grip limit driving for the novice, our instructors will tailor the training to your level of experience.

Understand and practice the building blocks of over grip limit driving. It is not just nailing the accelerator and relying on instinct. A drift is the culmination of many core skills polarized into one extreme exercise. All explained and demonstrated by your instructor and practiced by you.

Enjoy the challenge of our very sideways Caterham, and experience the dynamic characteristics and capability of your own car as it realises its true potential at grip limit. Invaluable information for those owners wanting to maximise its potential and enjoyment of their car on track.

Your training session will include presentations on:

• Understeer
  • Oversteer
  • Lift Off Oversteer
  • Roll Oversteer
  • Weight Transfer at Turn In
  • Tyre Grip Trade Off
  • Identifying Grip Limit
  • Breaking Traction

Your training will include an experience of a wetted as well as a dry surface on the Steering Pad at the Millbrook Proving Ground.

There will also be a bottle of Champagne for the best Drifting God on the day.

Members Price £420 per person

Please note:

Caterham 7 Specific: Minimum/maximum height 5 ft 0/6 ft 4 Maximum weight of 18 stone

Sunday 22nd October 2017

1. grumpyoldjanner - Deposit Paid

2. MarkSt - Deposit Paid

Edited by CAT@CAT

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks grumpyoldjanner & MarkSt for your balances - safely received.  Melvin P is going to join you, having signed up today in his track MR2 Roadster :)

One place remains.  I'm offering it out on the CAT Facebook page currently and will go to other forums next week if there's no takers, once I'm back from Spa.

KR

Jo

Sunday 22nd October 2017

1. grumpyoldjanner - Paid in Full

2. MarkSt - Paid in Full

3. Melvin P - Paid in Full

Group now complete with Ben D joining.  Lynne will send out confirmation letters next week by email.  Any questions let me know.  Look forward to seeing you all in a few weeks time.

KR

Jo

Sunday 22nd October 2017

1. grumpyoldjanner - Paid in Full

2. MarkSt - Paid in Full

3. Melvin P - Paid in Full

4. Ben D - Paid in Full

• 3 weeks later...

A pair of happy drifters from Sunday's Group Drifting & Over Grip Limit Handling Course :D

Congratulations Grumpyoldjanner on being the Drifting God :thumbs: & MarkSt for the Driver of the Day award :teeth:

Trust you both got home safely & your arms didn't ache too much.  Thank you for being part of an enthusiastic group & hope to see you again.

KR

Jo

GDOGLH 22.10.17.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

:teeth: Thanks for another great day.  Booked on to the course after doing the performance driving day and having problems trying to control the Zed's over steer so surprised but delighted with the prize as 'drifting god'. Whilst I might look dashing in my forum tee shirt in the photo credit should probably really go to Paul for his excellent tuition and the Zed for being such a good car once the driver wasn't letting it down!

Anyone wondering or not whether to splash out on a day with CAT driver training I'd definitely recommend it!