Group Drifting & Over Grip Limit Handling - Saturday 7th October 2017

CAT@CAT

Learn the secrets of over limit handling using your car and our Caterham 7.

A 5.5 hour experience for 4 owners covering the building blocks of vehicle control at grip limit.

A fast moving sideways experience. Designed to build on the skills learnt on the Performance and Cornering Masterclass club days or as an introduction to the techniques of over grip limit driving for the novice, our instructors will tailor the training to your level of experience.

Understand and practice the building blocks of over grip limit driving. It is not just nailing the accelerator and relying on instinct. A drift is the culmination of many core skills polarized into one extreme exercise. All explained and demonstrated by your instructor and practiced by you.

Enjoy the challenge of our very sideways Caterham, and experience the dynamic characteristics and capability of your own car as it realises its true potential at grip limit. Invaluable information for those owners wanting to maximise its potential and enjoyment of their car on track.

Your training session will include presentations on:

• Understeer
  • Oversteer
  • Lift Off Oversteer
  • Roll Oversteer
  • Weight Transfer at Turn In
  • Tyre Grip Trade Off
  • Identifying Grip Limit
  • Breaking Traction

Your training will include an experience of a wetted as well as a dry surface on the Steering Pad at the Millbrook Proving Ground.

There will also be a bottle of Champagne for the best Drifting God on the day.

Members Price £420 per person

Please note:

Caterham 7 Specific: Minimum/maximum height 5 ft 0/6 ft 4 Maximum weight of 18 stone

Saturday 7th October 2017

1. Wasso - Deposit Paid

2. Keyser - Paid in Full

3. SuperStu - Paid in Full

4. Beb - Paid in Full

• 2 weeks later...
55 minutes ago, Will370z said:

No fair, this is heightist im 6ft7......... i'll squeeze into a caterham

More seriously enjoy this gents. The last session i went on with CAT driver training was seriously impressive and I learnt a lot.

Enjoy

sorry Will ... other than shortening your legs there's not a lot of options B)

19 hours ago, Wasso said:

:clap:

Car is ready - I'm ready.... although since the last skid pan I need some new rear tyres, don't think these will last the day. :lol: 

Is the exhaust tight now :stir:

Should give mine a once over really before I get to cocky :lol:

21 hours ago, Will370z said:

No fair, this is heightist im 6ft7......... i'll squeeze into a caterham

More seriously enjoy this gents. The last session i went on with CAT driver training was seriously impressive and I learnt a lot.

Enjoy

And i bet Chris is furiously dieting to hit the 18 stone weight limit ;)

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Jetpilot said:

And i bet Chris is furiously dieting to hit the 18 stone weight limit ;)

I just hang onto a few helium balloons before getting on the scales mate :)

Edited by Keyser
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Keyser said:

I just hang onto a few helium balloons before getting on the scales mate :)

You could try this one below.... stand a better chance! :lol:

(And yes the exhaust is tight now, let me think who tightened it up in the first place :dry: )

PhileasFogg-Giant-Balloon-Sphere.jpg

• Haha 1

I am really looking forward to this, I secretly did the Cornering Masterclass with the BRZ/GT86 boys this weekend and it was BRILLIANT, so many new things to learn, I just hope I've got the hang of some of it by the time the drift date comes around.

57 minutes ago, SuperStu said:

I am really looking forward to this, I secretly did the Cornering Masterclass with the BRZ/GT86 boys this weekend and it was BRILLIANT, so many new things to learn, I just hope I've got the hang of some of it by the time the drift date comes around.

Sneaky! :ninja: 

On 9/19/2017 at 15:42, SuperStu said:

Sshhhhhhh ;)

DofD.jpg

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Afternoon Gents - hope you're all well.  Very sorry I had to leave early and not see you all at end of day - my :headhurt:cough & sore throat got the better of me.  Paul tells me you had a great afternoon & that congratulations are due to:

Wasso x Drifting God

Beb x Driver of the Day

Are you still grinning from your slideways action? :D

I am fairly confident that I can say we had a superb day, mainly a day of spinning, cone battering, with an occasional drift in there too. Certainly no shortage of fun. I’m also a bit more respectful of the skills of the regular drifters, particularly anyone who can do it in a clockwise direction!

• Like 2

Well I had a great day as well :thumbs:

I now have a new "Point of interest" on my Sat Nav - its a cone on the skid pan - I spent so long staring at it and sliding past it we thought it only fair it get it's own entry :lol:

Learnt a lot had a great day with great instruction and some like minded petrol heads to share it with. We were all brilliant at any given challenge when watching from the sidelines :lol:

I  will be back for more :thumbs:

• Like 1

4 hours ago, CAT@CAT said:

Great to hear Stu .... it doesn't feel right with no date in the diary to see you again ;)

I’d very much like to try and get something set up for us with you next year for more tuition days and possibly at a trackday too :)

16 hours ago, SuperStu said:

I’d very much like to try and get something set up for us with you next year for more tuition days and possibly at a trackday too :)

We can talk about 2018 dates as early as you like ... now we have the Dynamic Pad we can plan all the different variant of club days (Performance Driver 'Track' Day, Cornering Masterclass, Group Drifting & Over Grip Limit Handling & Group Optimisation) with diary certainty.  Track days we'll need to wait for the organisers to release their calendars - usually December time.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 11/25/2017 at 10:34, Paul667 said:

Hi

back to the over limit course, are these run all year round? 

Serious apologies Paul667 for the delay in coming back to you - I'm out of hibernation nowB) and can confirm that yes the Drifting & Over Grip Limit Handling Course runs all year round.  

I'll be getting the 2018 group training day calendar finalised over the next two weeks.  If you would like to have options for the forum this year let me know.

KR

Jo

• Like 2