350z How to reset an electric seat with a broken switch

Dan3820

Exactly what it says in the title, today after cleaning the car I put the  seats back then when I came to drive the car later I moved the seat forward slightly oops too much ... oh it won't go back .... automatically I moved it forwards again ...... you get the picture. 

After checking all connections and using wd40 contact spray to clean still no joy. 

I realised that there are only two wires going to the motor which controls forward and backwards so maybe, just maybe they send power one way then the other depending on the switch position ..... a quick check with a multi meter reveals just that.  

This means that if you unplug the two wires from the connector box, then get two seperate pieces of wire and slide the fine points into the two female boxes then hold them in place with insulation tape you can then take those wires and touch them ..... carefully ..... to the opposite connection in the male box ...... press the seat moving switch and hey presto the seat will move back instead of forwards! 

I realise this isn't a permanent solution but it's a damn sight easier than removing the seat immediately to remove and get a new switch as I googled today and a lot of people have had the seat stuck in an undriveable position so hope this helps anyone out as a quick fix!!

Edited by Dan3820
Spelling