How would you stop people parking on your drive?

HEADPHONES

Got a relative with a flat in a busy part of London.

He luckily gets the driveway at the blocks entrance.

He's got a collapsible bollard to stop cars parking there but now sometimes gets motorcyclists parking there!

Apart from a PRIVATE DO NOT PARK sign, what else can he do?

Edited by HEADPHONES

Leave some clout nails lying in his space pointy side up :lol:

If he has a bollard there isn't much he can do, apart from maybe two bollards? If circumstances allow. 

Or call up a couple of friends and carry away the motorbike and place it a few blocks away? 

Edit: When I was younger we once hid a friends motorbike behind a wheelie bin whilst he was in the newsagents. Understandably he wasn't happy when he came out! 

Edited by Exec

Firstly, a polite word in his/her ear.

If this does not get the required response then block the bikes exit with your car or a mates old van

if this does not work. then let the bikes tyres down, works every time.:thumbs:

However I would pick my fight very carefully.:lol:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01A8E1MXQ/ref=ox_sc_act_title_2?smid=AQSCC0Z6WGJZP&psc=1

He's gonna go with this sign for now.

I've suggested he add one below stating

"Unauthorized motorcycles parked here will be moved to the roadside just outside our property's boundary"

Hopefully this is legal as opposed to clamping, letting down tyres or AK-47s :lol:

Noticed a theme in this thread, quite interesting that the ones from the Northwest/Manchester take the 'move it or damage it approach' and the ones in or around London take a more legal approach of a sign. Seems you are a little more tolerant of ignorance ? There is also the option of just go out and kick it over, if they ask what happened just say you saw some 'hoodies' near it but because it wasn't yours you didn't care what they did ;) 

Personally try to avoid physical confrontation - as Dan hinted you have no idea what you are getting yourself into, sure smash it up, then find the following day your driveway smashed up/vandalised etc, you repair it and its done again and again and you get into a stressful situation. Even worse case scenario is you go out to your drive a few days later and twenty bikers rock up wanting 'a word' just how tough can you be then?

Put up additional signage, you never know that might just sort it. If not, leave a note on the bike reminding them that its a private driveway and its important you have access to it at all times etc. Dialogue should always be the first effort so you know the full facts of whats going on :thumbs: 

I've been parking my bike on a communal driveway for years. Not all the time but every now and then because the parking around here is a nightmare. 

Just recently a bollard was put up but that's ok as it means I can get in more often.  Its always empty whenever I look, in far I've hardly ever seen anything parked there, so there is no harm.

The other day I came back and found my bike on it's side, to one side of the drive, and a car in the drive.  It looks like someone had tried to move it but the lock had stopped them and they dropped it; either that or they had just shoved it over.  I was furious, the tank is scratched all down one side and it's pretty obvious that its the owner of the car was responsible.  What shall I do?  Kick his lights out, kick the car's lights out? Sue him for damage?

I think you get the picture.

Try the signs then if they don't work try the chain.

13 minutes ago, Toon Chris said:

I've been parking my bike on a communal driveway for years. Not all the time but every now and then because the parking around here is a nightmare. 

Just recently a bollard was put up but that's ok as it means I can get in more often.  Its always empty whenever I look, in far I've hardly ever seen anything parked there, so there is no harm.

The other day I came back and found my bike on it's side, to one side of the drive, and a car in the drive.  It looks like someone had tried to move it but the lock had stopped them and they dropped it; either that or they had just shoved it over.  I was furious, the tank is scratched all down one side and it's pretty obvious that its the owner of the car was responsible.  What shall I do?  

Think we found the culprit ! Get Him !!!

(I may have edited some details out, but don't let facts get in the way of a witch hunt)

On a more serious note would the police get involved? I'm sure a word from them would have more weight than asking them not to park himself 

Or is it easy enough to put a cheap gate up?

Id probably start with a polite but firm note asking them not to park there or the police will be notified